• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen my synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
Years
  • personally i think they are remaking it because in my opinion johto was the weakest region, idk about you lot but i neva liked it and didnt even bother getting to the second gym leader when i played it.

the rest were kool though <^.^>
    __

Finnel

Years
  • Personally I think they're remaking them because the games are really old now and Johto is the only region that isn't present in the GBA-DS games.

I do agree that the original games were pretty mediocre, though. Music and Pokémon designs were great, but the games themselves were boring.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Seems like you didn't even take the time to get to the interesting part(s) of the game. Weakest region? From what I've gathered, the most disliked region/games is Hoenn/RSE. By "weakest region", I'm hoping you mean the level problem, but you possibly can't be referring to that seeing that you didn't get far enough to know about that. Training for the 7th gym against wild Pokemon = battling level 15 Flaaffy. That's the level problem. Again, from my sources, GSC seems to be the most beloved game, give or take a few compared to RBY. The first new batch of Pokemon, a day and night system, two regions, 16 badges, breeding, genders, etc. It was nearly overwhelming and practically gave an earthquake to gameplay as a whole. I seriously don't understand how you get off saying it was the weakest region, especially when it's the region that gave us Umbreon, Tyranitar, Sunflora, Steelix, Blissey, Skarmory, and a bunch of other Pokemon for your competitive needs.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • You summed it up better than I did, SilverSmeargleSplatter!

Personally,

To say that the first two generations were generic and boring tells me you must've never really played them.

kazeshini, how can you say that Johto was the weakest region when you didn't even make it to the second gym? Johto is the strongest region in my opinion, next to Sinnoh, because of all of the mythology that surrounds them.

Kanto is always fun because it was first, and Hoenn was probably the weakest (I like Hoenn, I just like the others better).

thegeneticway, the game seemed kinda boring and hard, from reading a walkthrough? What's so hard about Pokemon?

I agree with Makku. They're remaking this game to bring generation II up to standards with where Pokemon games are now.

I'm not bashing anyone, just giving my opinion. It's been nearly 10 years since the originial release of Gold and Silver, and I haven't been more excited for a Pokemon game since then haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Johto Was by far the Best Reigon.
    Gold & Silver Was the Game they made the most money off!

Also, Gold & Silver & Crystal. We're voted the Best Pokemon Games Ever

You just need to play the WHOLE storyline with The Features.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Johto was the very first region I've ever played in. I didn't know they weren't considered "low" at the time. Despite the levels the Pokemon were, the gyms were tough to beat. The levels were they way they were, because of the two regions. How can you say Johto is "weak" when you haven't even played through the whole game? I don't care about levels. All the gyms were a challenge. So what if the levels were low compared to RBY? (Personally, I still haven't fully played Red version.) I got Feraligatr to level 100 in Silver easily. Compared to the newer games, the levels in GSC were much lower, true. But you're forgetting that newer games have only 1 region, so the task of setting up levels were a little bit easier. Also, reading a walk-through makes the game seem less fun. (To me anyway.) You already know what to expect. And another thing, you can't compare a game that's 10 years old to the newer games. They corrected their errors with the newer games. Just because the levels in FrLg were the same as RBY, doesn't mean that the levels in HGSS will be exactly the same as GSC. They'll probably fix it up better. They made Lugia and Ho-oh gain five levels. I'm sure they know how they could handle two regions better by learning what they did wrong. If you ask me, Johto had an awesome plot. I liked everything about it. It was a great first game.

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
    Years
  • You summed it up better than I did, SilverSmeargleSplatter!

Personally,

To say that the first two generations were generic and boring tells me you must've never really played them.

kazeshini, how can you say that Johto was the weakest region when you didn't even make it to the second gym? Johto is the strongest region in my opinion, next to Sinnoh, because of all of the mythology that surrounds them.

Kanto is always fun because it was first, and Hoenn was probably the weakest (I like Hoenn, I just like the others better).

thegeneticway, the game seemed kinda boring and hard, from reading a walkthrough? What's so hard about Pokemon?

I agree with Makku. They're remaking this game to bring generation II up to standards with where Pokemon games are now.

I'm not bashing anyone, just giving my opinion. It's been nearly 10 years since the originial release of Gold and Silver, and I haven't been more excited for a Pokemon game since then haha.
    didnt make it?? hahaha didnt want to. if you want ill download it and complete it in 24 hours. got nothin better to do and my girlfriend is on holiday so do u want that??
    tbf id say kanto was the best. and if you look around u might find a nice big book that tells u i have a right to free speech..find it...read it...and stop tryin to force your opinions on others

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • didnt make it?? hahaha didnt want to. if you want ill download it and complete it in 24 hours. got nothin better to do and my girlfriend is on holiday so do u want that??

No one here is forcing you to play the game, but when you start going off and claiming that Johto is the weakest region and you haven't even gone past the second gym, you really have no say-so in whether it is or not. It's not even a fair comparison.

Finnel

Years
  • and if you look around u might find a nice big book that tells u i have a right to free speech..find it...read it...and stop tryin to force your opinions on others
    Nowhere in Joehat's post did he try to force his opinion on you, he just pointed out that you can't really say a whole region is bad when you haven't even played through half of it.

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
    Years
  • No one here is forcing you to play the game, but when you start going off and claiming that Johto is the weakest region and you haven't even gone past the second gym, you really have no say-so in whether it is or not. It's not even a fair comparison.

scroll up the page...and im sure the first few words included "personally i think"
    that isnt a fact but MY personal opinion. and u sed i couldn't get past the second gym and if you want i will gladly do all the gyms and the league in 24 hours(on the card not non-stop)

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Seems like you didn't even take the time to get to the interesting part(s) of the game. Weakest region? From what I've gathered, the most disliked region/games is Hoenn/RSE. By "weakest region", I'm hoping you mean the level problem, but you possibly can't be referring to that seeing that you didn't get far enough to know about that. Training for the 7th gym against wild Pokemon = battling level 15 Flaaffy. That's the level problem. Again, from my sources, GSC seems to be the most beloved game, give or take a few compared to RBY. The first new batch of Pokemon, a day and night system, two regions, 16 badges, breeding, genders, etc. It was nearly overwhelming and practically gave an earthquake to gameplay as a whole. I seriously don't understand how you get off saying it was the weakest region, especially when it's the region that gave us Umbreon, Tyranitar, Sunflora, Steelix, Blissey, Skarmory, and a bunch of other Pokemon for your competitive needs.
    So true, G/S/C brought so much new stuff into the pokemon world, thats why its my favorite of all time

Years
  • They're not forcing their opinion on you in any way whatsoever. They just wonder how you can say something about a game you haven't even fully played before.

Also the GSC games are old. They've been remade and will be in Japan in September. There's a good chance that they have fixed the level problem. (Don't go by the demo, because in DP's demo, you had level 30s in the area just west of Oreburgh. The demo is much different.) Kanto gyms may be in the level 70s. Who knows? It's an unfair comparison if you're comparing GSC's Johto with Hoenn and Sinnoh. The GSC games had two regions you had to go to. RBY, RSE, and DPPt only allowed you to go to one region, so the levels weren't "weak." The reason why FrLg's levels were almost the same (or exactly the same, I don't know. Haven't played Red in years) as RBY's was because the levels were good as they were. They didn't know how to make the levels perfect for two regions then. I think they know better now.

Finnel

Years
  • scroll up the page...and im sure the first few words included "personally i think"
    Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean other people can't question it. SilverSmeargleSplatter is right, you can't say you dislike something when you've only seen a fifth of it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    No one here is forcing you to play the game, but when you start going off and claiming that Johto is the weakest region and you haven't even gone past the second gym, you really have no say-so in whether it is or not. It's not even a fair comparison.

that is a good comeback!!!

Years
  • How about this? Don't compare Johto to the other regions until you play HGSS. That's when you can start comparing. Deal? =3 That's like comparing Red version to Platinum. XD GSC are the old Johto. The New Shiny Johto of HGSS is amazing/epic. It's okay to compare FrLg to RSE, but not GSC to DPPt. Compare HGSS to Dppt and RSE/FrLg.

Years
  • A synopsis is:

synopsis [sin-op-siss, -seez]
    Noun
    a brief review or outline of a subject; summary.

His "synopsis."
    "Personally, I think they are remaking it, because in my opinion Johto was the weakest region. I don't know about you lot, but I never liked it and didn't even bother getting to the second gym leader when I played it.

The rest were cool though. <^.^>"

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
    Years
  • How about this? Don't compare Johto to the other regions until you play HGSS. That's when you can start comparing. Deal? =3 That's like comparing Red version to Platinum. XD GSC are the old Johto. The New Shiny Johto of HGSS is amazing/epic. It's okay to compare FrLg to RSE, but not GSC to DPPt. Compare HGSS to Dppt and RSE/FrLg.

ok i can live wid dat but...im alread past the first gym...ill stop at the fifth(to sleep)
    and u aint goin all johto maniac on me so i can also live with that.

and this aint a synopsis lol nice work sherlock...nice words hord(sp) in people i hate wen my threads get ignored(even if i spend 2 mins on them) :)

im goin to eat brb.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back