• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen my synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • look past the fact that the game intrduced a number of new and important features into the pokemon games, and youll find a mediocre game.

the storyline was ehh and the region in general was just...lackluster.

the game itself was just...boring, yet the generation introduced so many new features. i honestly feel thats why people think its the best generation.

everything else about johto was just..ehh

but thats just one persons opinion.

PsychoTines

Shake Dem Dice and Roll Em
    Years
  • Johto was my favorite >.> everything from how the starters rocked, to the features, to the good music(best out of all of them IMO), to the fact we got to go BACK to Kanto, and battled Red. It introduced three of my favorite Pokemon too.

Yea, the graphics were terrible. Yea, the Johto region was bland(So was R/B/Y). Sure, it didn't have the greatest story line. And Yes, the game was incredibly easy.
    So what if you can beat it in 24hours(on the card) I've beaten it in 12hours then restarted immediatly after. But thats not the point.
    The point is even after you beat the game, theres still all of these things to do! Heck, you could breed, pokehunt. Play with the radio. The Bug catching contest? Yea. This also spawned the 'Shiny hunters' deal. My point. when you say this game isn't good it's because you're not looking at the game. Just what it's about. To see how great G/S/C really was, you have to look at EVERYTHING that can be found in the game.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • personally i think they are remaking it because in my opinion johto was the weakest region, idk about you lot but i neva liked it and didnt even bother getting to the second gym leader when i played it.

the rest were kool though <^.^>
    __

Uh, what? Weakest region? I'm not even sure if that makes sense. Pretty much any Pokemon is as strong or as weak as you want it to be.

Tip: You need to level up your Pokemon and use the right TYPE combinations.

Apparently Faulkner's level 7 bird Pokemon were too much for you.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • If you haven't made it to the third gym then you cant say its not hard and boring. The third gym was probally one of the hardest gyms in ALL of the games. Also I beat the game restarted,beat it restarted over and over I say they were the best games of all time. If you think it sucked then thats your opinion BUT SINNOH IS HORRIBLE compared to Johto. How can you say you dont like Lanturn and Mareep.

Years
  • Johto was my favorite >.> everything from how the starters rocked, to the features, to the good music(best out of all of them IMO), to the fact we got to go BACK to Kanto, and battled Red. It introduced three of my favorite Pokemon too.

Yea, the graphics were terrible. Yea, the Johto region was bland(So was R/B/Y). Sure, it didn't have the greatest story line. And Yes, the game was incredibly easy.
    So what if you can beat it in 24hours(on the card) I've beaten it in 12hours then restarted immediatly after. But thats not the point.
    The point is even after you beat the game, theres still all of these things to do! Heck, you could breed, pokehunt. Play with the radio. The Bug catching contest? Yea. This also spawned the 'Shiny hunters' deal. My point. when you say this game isn't good it's because you're not looking at the game. Just what it's about. To see how great G/S/C really was, you have to look at EVERYTHING that can be found in the game.

thanks for basically furthering what i said.lol

storyline was boring but it added lots to the games.

i played through on an emulator the other week...and it wasnt that fun because the storyline just dragged on.

yet platinum doesnt bore me at all. shockingly enough...unlike everybody else on here it seems, hoenn was the best generation in my eyes.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hmm, interesting topic. I feel that Johto had its ups and downs. The storyline really wasn't that great, no better or worse than any other reason. When you got to Kanto, though, things kinda fell apart, since it was basically "go to next place to fix Broken Bridge to fight Gym leader to get to next place, repeat ad nauseum."

On the other hand, it provided two new types, way better in-battle sprites, genders, and all the other stuff that forms the backbone of competitive play today- future gens really just built on that.

I do feel that it was the weakest region in terms of enemies, though. Whitney was about the major obstacle in the first half of the game, get past Cheaptank and it's smooth sailing from there. I got through the Elite Four with three normally-leveled team members and zero healing items. Really, what's up with that?

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
    Years
  • wait a second now i am half asleep i realise what i typed.
    i sed it was the weakest region...not that the games features were the weakest
    i mean to me its boring... you say its graphics aint all that but i could play
    pokemon yellow for hours upon hours.

put lets say
    dragonite vs tyranitar.

or

pigeott vs noctowl or noctowl vs swellow.

you will soon see that if you put johto against any of its other region counterparts and you will see it is lacking majorly.

put your kanto rival against your johto rival and you will get me

p.s:yaaaaay my b.day today:)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It's quite obvious, they are a troll
    I think the reason why many people like Johto was because it was in GSC and now HGSS which afterwards you go right to Kanto.
    Oh, yea and happy Birthday

:t354:TG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I don't really see much point in keeping this thread open - if anything, it's half opinons on GSC rather than HG/SS (and since HG/SS hasn't been out yet there's not too much point in judging that), and seeing the thread is based on an opinion formed by limited gameplay (forming an opinion and throwing it about based on so little is kinda silly, really)... well, there's no need for discussion on this, really. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back