• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My T-shirt design

Years
  • Hey guys,

I drew this OwlCat using watercolour pencils and decided to put it up as a design on Threadless. It needs as many votes as possible to become a print on Threadless, so I would appreciate it very much if you could vote for it on this link and share with your friends:

http://www.threadless.com/threadless/owlcat-2/

pQlaWCN.jpg

Owls and cats are awesome. Owlcats give more awesomeness! Please vote and thanks for viewing! :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hah! Owls and cats are indeed very awesome! :) And your drawing is just superb. I mean, it's really fantastic. I think it could easily make a great shirt design and one that I would definitely purchase.

All that said, you're required to have at least 4 examples to open a gallery. I'll leave this open for a while so you can add three more of those awesome drawings. If not though, I'm going to have to close this, so please show us more of your work! <3

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    I really like your sea serpent picture -- it instills a sense of awe from where it is placed, more so with the kids on the boat that further more draw that sort of impression. Not only that, but they are all well-made; no line seems wasted.

I'm terrible with watercolor, or just about anything that isn't graphite, so I won't know anything when it comes down to details :)

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Oh my goddess these are some really nice pieces, no not "really" nice, rather I should say "beautiful!"

You certainly know your stuff when it comes to anatomy in drawing these animals, especially the owel and the last piece that you posted(the dog-like creature) Your colouring is also pretty flawless, they're so vibrant and the colours you choose go well with all the pieces. I'm especially a big fan of the sea serpent piece. The serpent itself looks magnificent and I really like how you coloured the water. Whether this is a gallery or not I really do hope that you continue to post more work on here because your pieces are really lovely.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • your artwork is amazing. you really know how to shade with color pencils. you should try drawing on photoshop or illustrator. you would be amazing.
    as for first drawing in the first post, it's amazing. owls are my favorite. i am a little bothered by the left side of the head. it looks squished to me. i'm not sure why.
    my favorite drawing from the set is the dog with the wings. the red shading is beautiful.
    nicely done.

Years
  • Thanks guys. I prefer drawing traditionally rather than digitally. I have drawn digitally but I just don't like staring at the computer screen for ages and I get a lot more frustrated for some reason. I love the feel of pencils on paper and it's great having an original piece that I can give as a gift to friends. I'm sorry the OwlCat seems a bit squished to you xxkaylabby, I never picked that up myself. :(

Here are a few more examples of my work:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Thanks guys. I prefer drawing traditionally rather than digitally. I have drawn digitally but I just don't like staring at the computer screen for ages and I get a lot more frustrated for some reason. I love the feel of pencils on paper and it's great having an original piece that I can give as a gift to friends. I'm sorry the OwlCat seems a bit squished to you xxkaylabby, I never picked that up myself. :(

Here are a few more examples of my work:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ahh, an artist of my own heart. <3 Traditional drawing, while coming with its own sets of disadvantages, is definitely my preferred method of drawing as well. It's inexplicable, but it *feels* right to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!

I think what I like most about your drawings are the mastery of color and the level of completion. Each drawing expresses a complete thought, is executed beautifully, and leaves just enough room for the viewers imagination. They're not too overly realistic either, so it's super easy on the eyes and generally just pleasant to look at. Your colors are so soft too, but I like how you're not afraid to go bold and dark where it needs to be. That said, even though I like the fact that these drawings are (if not mostly) finished, I'd love love love to see some of your concept sketches.

Speaking of which, what inspired the owlcat? Just an affinity for owls and cats? Or was the the opportunity to make a cool t-shirt? Just curious. :)

Years
  • Ahh, an artist of my own heart. <3 Traditional drawing, while coming with its own sets of disadvantages, is definitely my preferred method of drawing as well. It's inexplicable, but it *feels* right to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!

I think what I like most about your drawings are the mastery of color and the level of completion. Each drawing expresses a complete thought, is executed beautifully, and leaves just enough room for the viewers imagination. They're not too overly realistic either, so it's super easy on the eyes and generally just pleasant to look at. Your colors are so soft too, but I like how you're not afraid to go bold and dark where it needs to be. That said, even though I like the fact that these drawings are (if not mostly) finished, I'd love love love to see some of your concept sketches.

Speaking of which, what inspired the owlcat? Just an affinity for owls and cats? Or was the the opportunity to make a cool t-shirt? Just curious. :)

Ooo I'm glad you understand as well. :) Traditional art can look just as good as digital art and when it does, it is even more amazing because, well, it's traditional!

Thank you for the compliments. :) My owlcat inspiration? Well I was obsessed with owls for a little while after being able to work with them as a veterinary nurse at my local vet clinic; I thought they were absolutely beautiful and mysterious creatures. So I drew them a lot and then realised that their eyes were strikingly as mysterious as cat eyes. So I decided to combine them together to create an owlcat.

I'm happy to show you some of my concept sketches! :) Thanks for asking.

WIPS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Doodles
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back