• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Trip To Vegas and The Reason Why I Was Gone(A Long Blog Post)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hello everyone. Man, it has been awhile since I been here. Well I planned that I was going to be back around May 15th or 18th. See I went to Las Vegas with my family and man...I had a wonderful time. It was so great! Las Vegas is a pretty city. I went into a lot of Hotels. And of course I gambled a bit. I lost some and won some. My parents though...they won a lot!! I wish I was that lucky, lol. Oh well I still had fun. Watched two shows(The Price Is Right Live, "O"). That was cool. And man we were treated like kings and queens. There was valet parking and we got to be inside in a limo. We stayed in the Flamingo. That was a nice hotel. And the strip was nice. I swear around 1am or 3am...there were still a lot of people walking. It was insane. Well anyway and also I got to go to The Hoover Dam, that was sooo awesome! I got some great pictures. I will post some here pretty soon.

But anyway, I will tell you the reason I was gone longer. You see when I got back into town. I got settled in and stuff. I was on YouTube one day, watching videos. And then all of the sudden, my monitor went black. I was like...OH NO! NOT AGAIN!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME NOW! I can still hear the audio, I just couldn't see anything. And I said to myself,"Oh great. I am going to be gone again." I swear it is always something happening when I go away. So I took it down to Best Buy because I still had a warranty on it. I was hoping that they will give me a new one. But as it turns out I had the wrong plan. I had to get it fixed. They wouldn't let me get a new one. If that was the case I will be still here. I will be back like I was planned. But nope...and I didn't have the money to get a new one for the time being. Well I did, but I still had to pay my rent and student loan. So I was stuck with no monitor...it was torture. Well I did some reading and watched some of my DVDs. And watched some tv for once. But still...I sure missed my computer.

So I been waiting for Best Buy to call me. They haven't so I went down there to see maybe they had my monitor ready. And they told me the part that they needed to fix my monitor arrived last Monday. And they are fixing it. But they told me they will have it ready like a week...I dropped off my monitor with them on May 17th. I went down there Saturday(June 6th). Since they didn't call me on the 1st of June. Doesn't look like a week to me. And they are still working on it!! Grr...there was no way I am going to wait another two weeks. So I went ahead and brought a new monitor. I was lucky I had two bank accounts. I paid half in one account and the the other half in the other. If I do get my old monitor I might sell it.

I swear what is wrong with Geek Squad? They told me it will take a week. They lied! Oh well. I got a Samsung 20" Widescreen. And I really love it. I might sell my Westinghouse one. We will see.

Okay, that is all I got to say about this. This was a very long blog post. This is what happens when you have computer problems. You miss everyone and all the fun. And you have to get caught up. I am still behind on a few stuff. But I will get it done. Unfortunately, I am a bit poor. I have money, but I have bills coming up this week and next week(car insurance, athletic club, cable/internet, water...). So yeah buying that monitor did me in, but it had to be done. My mom and brother are coming down this week, and my brother will need the internet to do some stuff. So it had to be done.

Anyway, glad to see everyone again. And hopefully this time, I won't have any more computer problems. I hope...lol

See ya. Have a nice day everyone! *waves* ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aww, poor Lucy D: ... that reminds me of Jess for some reason. XD;

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nurse Nica;bt12256 said:
    Aww, poor Lucy D: ... that reminds me of Jess for some reason. XD;
    Oh, she had the same problem like I did. Yeah I couldn't do much because my monitor was shot. And I didn't have any money at the time for a new one. But all is good now. I am back.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Really sorry about those guys who were suppose to take care of your monitor.

lol, your parents are lucky indeed

I thought New York, not Las Vegas, was the city that never sleeps...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    22sa;bt12691 said:
    Really sorry about those guys who were suppose to take care of your monitor.

lol, your parents are lucky indeed

I thought New York, not Las Vegas, was the city that never sleeps...
    Yeah Best Buy has great deals on electronics, but the service over there is terrible. Especially with Geek Squad, but where else can I go. They were the only option. Oh well. I got a new monitor now. I might sell my old one.

Yes! Man...from doing slots. They won a lot of money. I won some money, but then I lost some. So I came even. I wish I was lucky like them. XD

And yes you are right. It is New York City. Oh man, what was I thinking. Some of the nicknames for Las Vegas is "Sin City", "The Entertainment Capital of the World", "The City of Lights", "Capital of Second Chances", and "Lost Wages". Ooops...I made a mistake there. I will correct it. Thanks for telling me. ^_^

Back