• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: my VBA emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Hello guys and gals

i am a newb and i like hacked pokemon roms.

I have downloaded some roms but they are IPS files and i can't get these IPS files to work on my Visual Boy Advance or my NO$GBA

Do i need a new emulator or am i completely screwed

PLZ PLZ HELP ME

thanks

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • wat you do is you use lips patcher and, and patch the gba rom that the game was hacked from then you play it

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • You should ask this in the ROM hacking section.
    This section is simply for questions about the forum.

AND.
    I believe IPS files are patches for the original ROMs...
    Which means you don't actually have the ROM, just a patch for one.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • *moved to the ROM hacking section - Christos or Blazichu, move this to the proper forum as you see fit*

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • IPS files are just patches for the actual ROMs of the original pokémon games. You must have a copy of the ROM the game was hacked from (ex: English Fire Red was hacked, the creator has made an IPS available, you must patch an English Fire Red Rom) as for where to get the ROMs, all I can say is that google is your friend.

Next time try asking this in the emulation section, it's more suited there.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • vba can play ips patches without patching the rom.
    just make sure they have the same name and that they are in the same folder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back