• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My View of the Pokemon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    hahahhaha thats exactly how i pictured it in my head :D do they have an acual map tho?

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • As good as my previous world map was, I am still unsitisfied with it. Its been said that it lacks beliveable things, like placement of regions due to climate or regional pokemon. So I am currently redoing the map from the ground up, this will be closely if not accurately depict the regions as they protain to climate and regional pokemon, the only odd region is the Orre region, I just couldn't find a place to put the desert, so its kind of just added in, but the top of the map is equal to the artic circle of our world and the bottom of the map is just below the equator, as for the southren hemisphere, I have no idea what could be down there, mabey more regions, or the Pokemon Mystrey Dungon world, but never the less, I am still working on the Northren Hemisphere of the Pokemon World, and when I am finished it will be posted here, it will include, Kanto, Pokemon TCG Islands(yes theres two), Johto, Shinnoh, Almia, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands, Pokemon Island, Holon, my Region Ittao(okay it might not be cannon, but i just like putting it in there for a cannon map, just take out my region and replace it with empty land), Sinnoh, Fiore, Orre, and Mintale Town. Hope to post it up soon.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • PokemonWorld.png

See this is my new version of the Pokemon World.
    Notice the regions with simular Pokemon are close to each other.
    Yes my region, the Ittao Region is still in here, I just love how I made it fit in.
    You'll also notice that I have a few more regions that I didn't have before.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I really like how you did the latest one with the enviroment changes.
    Refresh my memory, what games are Fiore and Holon from?
    And what is Mintale town from?

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I really like how you did the latest one with the enviroment changes.
    Refresh my memory, what games are Fiore and Holon from?
    And what is Mintale town from?
    Thanks, Fiore is from the first Pokemon Ranger, and Holon is only from the Card Game, its a weird pack were normal pokemon have alternate types, like Charizard with Electric and werid stuff like that.
    And Mintale town is from that little game called Pokemon Channel for the Qube or Wii, I can't remember, as far as I know its just a small little town.
    Looks great!
    But one question, is that town/city north of Mintale part of Holon?
    Yep, its the City that is altering the regional pokemon.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Where did you aquire this information??

I said I checked. I checked your Sinnoh against regular Sinnoh, and...
    Sinnohcomparison.png

You see: It's about a third smaller than it should be. This goes for the whole map (I used Pokéarth as comparison for each region). Also, yours is kind of blurry, like it has been shrunk down.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I said I checked. I checked your Sinnoh against regular Sinnoh, and...
    Sinnohcomparison.png

You see: It's about a third smaller than it should be. This goes for the whole map (I used Pokéarth as comparison for each region). Also, yours is kind of blurry, like it has been shrunk down.
    Well, Poke'earth is not the Official placement of the regions, its just the Serbii.net version of the placement of the regions, so to go by what a fictional map says and compare it against a fan made map is kind of redundant. Nintendo has yet to officaly release a world veiw of pokemon, we just have bits and peices of the grander image, so through those I put together a complied map of what I think the world looks like, again this is just my image of how the world is.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Well, Poke'earth is not the Official placement of the regions, its just the Serbii.net version of the placement of the regions, so to go by what a fictional map says and compare it against a fan made map is kind of redundant. Nintendo has yet to officaly release a world veiw of pokemon, we just have bits and peices of the grander image, so through those I put together a complied map of what I think the world looks like, again this is just my image of how the world is.

Well, I think that Pokéarth takes all the regions and compares them to Japan (seeing as the regions of Japan are the bases of the regions in Pokémon), so it's kind of more accurate than yours. Anyway, I just compared each individual region to Pokéarth, Kanto to Kanto, etc (aside from your fictional region).
    Anyway, aside from that, the map is still too small compared to what it should be (about 150% of it's normal size, if it is at 100% now), which was my initial point in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Well, Poke'earth is not the Official placement of the regions, its just the Serbii.net version of the placement of the regions, so to go by what a fictional map says and compare it against a fan made map is kind of redundant. Nintendo has yet to officaly release a world veiw of pokemon, we just have bits and peices of the grander image, so through those I put together a complied map of what I think the world looks like, again this is just my image of how the world is.

i don't think he's was talking about the placement but that your map is using 6x6 tiles and the official maps (and also the serebii.net maps) use 8x8 tiles and that you map looks JPEGed wherever colours meet

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    this rulz!!!
    i wish i cud play a pokemon game where it was all of the regions like this
    they cud just connect em all w airports or sumthin, lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I love this! I think it's amazing, and the empty space in between, new regions could go there :D
    Awesome job!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    Awsome Concept!!!!!!

hey dude thats real cool, how you do that???
    but there one thing i have to question, isnt it meant to resemble Japan, as i've heard from the japanese, hopefully they included the alima in the 5 generation, neat idea. reply soon!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • hey dude thats real cool, how you do that???
    but there one thing i have to question, isnt it meant to resemble Japan, as i've heard from the japanese, hopefully they included the alima in the 5 generation, neat idea. reply soon!

It is suppose to resemble Japan, but a lot of people either do not know that or like to think of it as an actual Pokemon world. And he does it by being awesome with MS Paint (or Photoshop or GIMP).

Other then that, very nice. I almost questioned your own region in there, but then I Googled the region and found the Pokemon from that region (fake ones at that). Any ways, very nice. It gave me more knowledge about some of the towns and islands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back