• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My way of EV training

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I cannot be sure if this is the rightful board to post this guide in,
    if not, I request this gets moved to the proper place.
    Now then.....Here's my guide of EV training, of which is my cristmas gift to you all:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    STEP1: preparations
    First of all, be sure to get plenty of BP (battle points)
    at the Battle tower, so you can purcase these following items,
    of which are 16BP each, & deceases speed during battles: (by how much, I cannot be sure...)
    Power anklet: +4 speed(spd) EVs earned
    Power band: +4 special defense(SpD) EVs earned
    Power belt: +4 defense(def) EVs earned
    Power bracer: +4 attack(atk) Evs earned
    Power lens: +4 special attack(SpA) EVs earned
    Power weight: +4 HP EVs earned
    These are not required, but they do make it easier...
    I feel you can get these in any order, however, I recommed getting the
    Power lens last. I'll say why later on....the Macho brace is the same as the items shown above, but it gives +2 of any EVs earned. I use this when the PKRS is not enough, & the Power items are too much. to get it, you need all 3 forms of Burmy in your first 3 slot of your party.then, find a boy in Pastoria, & he'll give you the Macho brace. & buy as many of these items as possible:
    Carbos: +10 spd EVs given
    Zinc: +10 SpD EVs given
    Iron: +10 def EVs given
    Protein: +10 atk EVs given
    Calcium: +10 SpA EVs given
    HP up: +10 HP EVs given
    Now then, next you should try trading for a pokemon with the pokerus (PKRS). For those who don't know,
    PKRS is a benefical virus that doubles the EVs that a pokemon infected with it gets. Your own pokemons can get it at any given time, but it would
    probaly save time to try to trade for one. Once you get these things,
    start reading the next step.Oh, & be sure to have the counter app for your poketech. I belive you get it from the presdient of the poketech company, inside that very building, & since you have beaten all the gym leaders,(this is required, plus being able to go to the Resort area at least.) I do belive you only need to keep talking to him until you get it.
    STEP2: the training itself
    Now, get out the Pokemon you wish to train. (for example, I'll train a Alakazam.) Then, look up a website that gives competitive recommeded movesets. (I recommed Smogon or Serebii.) then give your pokemon
    the drugs accorinding to the EVs list they give. (for example, the set I want to use for my Alakazam requires this EV spread: 4HP/ 252 SpA & spd
    So I don't give it any HP up, since it boost HP EVs by 10, & I use the maxium total of Carbos & Calcium allowed, of which is 10 each, boosting
    Alakazam SpA & spd EVs to 100.)Then, get your pokemon infected with the PKRS. to do this, put the pokemon with the said virus in your team, in the front of the pokemon you wish to infect. (for example, I got a Kricketune with the PKRS in my 5th slot, & my Alakazam in the 6th slot of my party.)then, just enter & run from wild pokemon encounters until your pokemon is infected. Then you put the PKRS pokemon away in a box, so it'll keep the PKRS for future tranings. Then go to the proper EV training areas, of which I'll list now:
    HP EVs: the route between Twinleaf & Sandgem
    Pokemon to beat: Bidoof (gives 1 EV by self)
    Altough Gastrodon gives more HP EVs, Bidoof is much easier to find,
    therefore, you'll send less time HP EV training.
    Atk EVs: the route between Solaceon & Heartome
    Pokemon to beat: Bibarel (gives 2 EVs by self)
    This is one of several areas to find Bibarel, so if you don't find it as often as you'd like, check the pokedex to see where else Bibarel lives.
    Hopefully, you can find it more often elsewhere....
    Def EVs: Iron island
    Pokemon to beat: Graveler & Steelix (both gives 2 EVs by self)
    Go to the B3F of the cave, where Steelix is most likely to appear.
    It may be tempting to beat the Onix that also appears, but it gives only 1
    EV, & not beating it will make it easier to keep track of your EVs with the counter.
    SpA EVs: Resort area
    Pokemon to beat: Golduck (gives 2 EVs by self)
    At the pond you can surf on here, you'll find only Golduck, of which
    makes this place the ultimate SpA EV training area. & this is the reason I said to get the Power lens last.
    SpD EVs: the route north of Sunyshore
    Pokemon to beat: Tentacruel (gives 2 EVs by self)
    With only Mantyke & Pelipper appearing besides Tentacruel,
    & with Tentacruel being the most common out of the 3, this is undeniably the best place to get SpD EVs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spd EVs: Trophy garden
    Pokemon to beat: Pikachu & Staravia (both gives 2 EVs by self)
    Staravia does appear elsewhere, but Pikachu does not,
    & having 2 pokemons to beat will incease your odd of getting the spd EVs.
    Do not defeat any Pichu, for the reason you won't beat Onix at Iron island. & I'm not sure how many EVs Pulse & Minun gives...if they give 2 EVs each, beat them as well.
    Now, for my Alakazam, I'd go to the route between Twinleaf & Sandgem first, then use it to beat 2 Bidoofuses (funny pural name, huh? I thought so!) with out holding any items to get the 4 HP EVs, then go to either
    the garden or the Resort area, then give it the right item (the anklet for the garden, the lens for the Resort area pond.)& keep beating the recommeded pokemon of each area until I get 152 SpA & Spd, then with the drugs added, that is 252 EVs of SpA & spd.
    Here's how to keep track of your EVs:
    get the counter app at 0, then beat a pokemon.
    then add up the total EVs earned.
    If you beaten Bidoof for HP EV, the total should be 6 EVs,
    since Bidoof gives 1 HP EV, with PKRS that'd be 2(1X2=2) , then the Power weight adds 4. as long you keep beating Bidoof, add 6 until you get the total amount needed. Remember that you do NOT want to go over the total, so take the item away, or replace it with Macho brace to get the precise amount when you get close to it.
    For the other recommeded pokemon, the total should be 8 with the PKRS & Power lens factored in. Remember to keep the EVs for each stat seperate. & this is pretty much all I have to say....
    I hope this helps.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Ummm, this is typically, what everyone does to train. There's really nothing special about this way, except that it works... But I suppose it's useful if someone doesn't know

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back