• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Weird Ruby Team

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I posted a ruby team awhile back, but I've changed it around some so it don't look like other teams.

Starmie
    Nature- Calm/Modest
    power- natural cure
    item - leftovers/lum berry

Light Screen - Help overall team special defense
    Rapid Spin - For anti-spikes
    Recover - Healing
    Psychic/Surf

I suppose I could use starmie as a starter. Could lay out light screen and deal with opposing starter who might be a spike layer.

Absol
    nature- Adamant/Maybe Calm/Bold?
    item - leftovers

Swords Dance
    Protect
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass

I'm not sure if I want attack power for Absol or not. Its whole purpose is to waste opponents' pp while baton passing swords dance off to my Sand Slash or Tropius. Shadow ball for dealing with psychic/ghosts.

Sand Slash
    nature- Adamant
    item - chesto berry

Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Chesto-Rest

Sand Slash is probably gonna be my tank. I didn't use swords dance on Sand Slash because I want Absol to set that up.

Tropius
    nature - Adamant
    item - leftovers/lum berry

Body Slam
    Synthesis
    Aerial Ace
    Whirlwind

Yes, Tropius. This might not be the best pokemon to use, but have to like a little para-shuffling, or the attempt at least.

Weezing
    nature - modest/calm?
    item - leftovers

Thunder Bolt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Haze
    Flamethrower

One of my special attackers I guess.

Wigglytuff
    nature - Calm/Bold?
    item- leftovers/lum berry

Body Slam
    Attract
    Sweet Kiss
    Sing/Ice Beam/Psychic/Chesto-Rest

Slower version of para-shuffling Raichu.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Sorry this took so long. ^_^;

Starmie
    Nature- Calm/Modest
    Ability- Natural Cure
    item - Leftovers/Lum Berry

Light Screen - Help overall team special defense
    Rapid Spin - For anti-spikes
    Recover - Healing
    Psychic/Surf

It's an interesting way to use Starmie...I'd ditch Light Screen for another Elemental attack, perhaps Thunderbolt of Skarmory.

Absol
    Nature- Adamant/Maybe Calm/Bold?
    Item - Leftovers

Swords Dance
    Protect
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass

It works well for what you want it to do, although I'd maybe stick in Double Team, Tropius doesn't last that long...

Sandslash
    Nature- Adamant
    Item - Chesto berry

Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Rest

Standard, but for a reason. You could use this instead of Starmie to wipe Spikes, although Sandslash has one "Recover"...

Tropius
    Nature - Adamant
    Item - Leftovers/Lum berry

Body Slam
    Synthesis
    Aerial Ace
    Whirlwind

It's...kind of weak to a lot of types to psuedohaze...you need one, but Tropius? I'd use Leech Seed or Earthquake.

Weezing
    Nature - Modest/Calm?
    Item - Leftovers

Thunder Bolt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Haze
    Flamethrower

I've never cared for Weezing, but the Wil-O-Wisp is important, and at least this one doesn't explode. x_X; It's special attack is kind of low to pull this off well though. Haze won't work well for it on a Calm Minding Alakazam.

Wigglytuff
    Nature - Calm/Bold?
    Item- Leftovers/Lum berry

Body Slam
    Attract
    Sweet Kiss
    Sing/Ice Beam/Psychic/Chesto-Rest

Standardish, it works.

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, psychic messes up Weezing good. That's why I stuck light screen on Starmie, but leaving Weezing out against anything that uses psychic is a bad idea. I thought about using dodrio instead of tropius and it learns haze as well.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Dodrio is one of my favorite Hazers, one turn Rest with Early Bird, it's modestly fast, and has high attack.

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Dodrio is one of my favorite Hazers, one turn Rest with Early Bird, it's modestly fast, and has high attack.

I like dodrio myself. Drill peck is one of my favorite moves. Only bad thing is its poor defense. I wish it had a bit more of an attack selection though.

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    sableye said:
    is tri attack good with dodrio?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I kind of like tri attack. Its a base 80 normal attack I believe, but it has side effects. There's a small chance of doing one of the following to an opponent, freezing, burning, or paralyzing. For me, tri attack tends to freeze opponents mostly. That makes up some for power. I think its not a bad choice for dodrio since the attacks it learns are limited.

You could go with drill peck and tri attack, but I wouldn't use tri attack to replace drill peck. Return has more power than tri attack so if you want a more powerful move then use that unless you want the side effects of tri attack. Its more of what you think is best.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Dodrio... with that scarfy thing or Choice band with Frustration with all EVs stuck in Spd and Atk can be a dandy sweeper. Then there's Quick attack and Dpeck...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    dodrio is the king/queen of flying attack user... it's the bomb.

Dodrio- adamant @ leftovers
    -rest
    -haze
    -drill peck
    -tri attack/return

i personally prefer tri attack as burning or freezing (best) the enemy can give you quite an edge... not to mention haze = screw Blocklax

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    actually most legendaries are hard to beat... not to mention the eon siblings have soul dew too... uber item for uber pokemon... most of the time they allow at most one legendary

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    The third time i beat the elite four i used these Pokemon:

Rayquaza
    Latias
    Kyogre
    Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel

Hey, i dont think its cheating! ^_^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    using ubers are not a way to cheat, but it's rather winning not by skill... as you got "unfair start" with uber stats if you're against an ordinary Pokemon. Not to mention there are some legendaries that can learn almost if not all the TM in the world...

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Latios and Latias are legendary on their own, with the Soul Dew they are considered 00ber. So, most people ban Soul Dew Eon Pok?mon.

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
    Sapphire Latios said:
    The third time i beat the elite four i used these Pokemon:

Rayquaza
    Latias
    Kyogre
    Regice
    Regirock
    Registeel

Hey, i dont think its cheating! ^_^;
    But I do.
    I think legendary are little cheap...(like Sturm in AW2...he is cheat with 1 terrain cost and massive power, defense of 120%)
    I never use legendary...
    My team is...
    Metagross
    Salamence
    Milotic
    Torkoal
    Magneton
    Sceptile

Pretty average team, eh?

Back