• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Mysteries of Unova!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many things within Black and White go unexplained, such as:

- Ghetsis fleeing Unova, leaving you with three stones
    - So many bikers, yet so little police to control them (the gangs, that is)
    - The mysterious water torrent in the Abyssal Ruins
    - The tunnel that leads to... somewhere in Driftveil!

And so on (you can contribute your own thoughts to other things, too lol).

Well this thread is a catch-all for all those unexplained things that none of us quite know, but really want to discuss our thoughts, yeah? Figured this might be an interesting thread to create discussion, because while Black and White seems all good on the outside, there's a lot more that none of us know :)

So yeah, discuss either these points or bring up your own with other users and let's see if we can get some good theories behind some things in Unova.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • That intrigues me too. the tunnel blocked by something in driftveil. at first I thought it was the cold storage...

also... where N went after I defeated Plasma.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • The Team Plasma Laboratory which is called the P2 Laboratory found at Route 17...I kept coming back in there and I sill don't get that place. I'm so curious that I wanted to know what's it for. Also, the outer ocean part at Route 17 and 18. I wanted to know what's beyond those points. Lastly, the Entralink. I don't even know how to use that. I went there once but there is nothing in there but tutorial people. There are so many mysteries in Unova that even I want to find out but couldn't because of barriers. *sigh* Unova region, you're a mystery compared to other regions... -_-

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • The P2 labratory is part of an event unlocked when you take a genesect there. Genesects backstory is explained and you fight the scientist that created him. After that you receive two drives, depending on your version, that change the type of genesects signature move, Techno Blast

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been hearing rumors that the Shadow Triad are the Striaton Gym Leaders, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm still wondering who the Shadow Triad really are, but I'm leaning towards them being elite Team Plasma members.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • The P2 labratory is part of an event unlocked when you take a genesect there. Genesects backstory is explained and you fight the scientist that created him. After that you receive two drives, depending on your version, that change the type of genesects signature move, Techno Blast

Now, I get it. Unfortunately, Genesect's an event Pokemon and I never get event Pokemons since NDS Events take place so far away from my country. *sigh* Anyway, thanks! :)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I wanna know where N went. He was just so freakin cool, and I miss him. Also what is the P2 Lab about?

And lastly, I don't recall a tunnel in Driftveil...hmmm...you're making me think more than I ever have about the mysteries after the game...??

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • I wanna know where N went. He was just so freakin cool, and I miss him. Also what is the P2 Lab about?

And lastly, I don't recall a tunnel in Driftveil...hmmm...you're making me think more than I ever have about the mysteries after the game...??

Ciax already answered the question about the P2 Laboratory. You should read his answer. :)

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • I've been hearing rumors that the Shadow Triad are the Striaton Gym Leaders, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'm still wondering who the Shadow Triad really are, but I'm leaning towards them being elite Team Plasma members.

remember? the striaton gym leaders didnt come to the rescue with the other gym leaders to fend off the sieges? mysterious

oh and what about the so called god stone? another form of kyurem? or the trio master of zkerom reshiram or kyurem?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There's a mysterious tunnel in driftveil???
    The God stone is mysterious...though I do think that it ties in with Kyurem or their original combined form...I mean look at it's pic in bulbapedia, it looks like a Grey (cough pokemon Gray/Grey) version of the Light and Dark stones.
    What I find mysterious is the abyssal ruins, how did they get down there?

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • What about the girl in the Abundant Shrine. She is facing a wall and when you talk to her she says something about she is writing on the wall and will not show me ever. Wonder if there's a point to her?

It would be pretty cool if in a plot twist no the third game the Shadow Triad were actually Cilan, Cress and Chili.

NinjaPawniard

Athos Porthos Aramis d'Artagna
    Years
  • I think I just found an idea...:

So, in Sinnoh we found out Arceus was "God" and so here we are faced with the GOD STONE, maybe that stone is actually of Arceus!

Another fact that could help my theory: All of Arceus' plates are in the Abbysal Ruins....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The yellow tunnel thing to the right inside Driftveil! Pfft, totally expected ya'll to get it! :( Oh well, what is lost is lost and now discovered, or whatever. But yeah what do you guys think it leads to? :3

Hmmm for the Arceus theory to work, you're going to probably have to make one other connection between--you know, Unova DID start as a "brand new start", maybe at the end of Sinnoh, "God" decided to start over the world again? :x (Not to be too religious of course, lol)

And I've never actually seen that girl Ciax (short stay in the shrine lool) - maybe she's writing about the prophecies of Landorus to be seen years later?!

What do you think the cause of the subway being so expansive (and not being able to access it) is, MetalMario? Kinda interesting, really.

(Also for future posts: I'd prefer if people didn't say "we'll find out in the third game maybe" since there's a sticky for that - this thread is just for general discussion of things we can wonder about now. So for example, if you support shadow triad = cilan etc, then bring in some facts to back that up rather than just mentioning it'll be in the third game probably :x)

Years
  • One of the only things I wonder about black and white are:

The detective(I think) tells you that N was spotted in a far away region...so will there be a new game that has N in it? or is the pokeworld regions line up? so would that "far off region" be the first region (Hoen i think)? if it is that'd be kinda cool i guess....

battle subway lines do go to places we cant reach on foot, like that town in the corner of unova, but is that because there IS no way to get there on foot? or is it because the designers thought the map would be too big if they added a route to it?

The pokemon ONLY found in Unova, now i know the games make sense, since it wouldn't be right to make changes to the old early versions like fire red to include unova and other generations, but in the animes and stuff, I am puzzled how no water or flying pokemon, nor trainers of unova with unovian pokemon, have migrated to other parts of the world. Nor how after you beat Plasma, there's suddenly a ton of pokemon from other parts of the world, was plasma like the airport security in our world? making sure there's no foriegn pokemon arriving in unova, and also making sure no unovian pokemon get out?

I'm missing alot on my pokemon white game, i have no clue what this "god stone" is XD

NinjaPawniard

Athos Porthos Aramis d'Artagna
    Years
  • Ah, forever, I see what you mean! There could be other in-game clues to my theory that I missed.

Oh, and Adder, that detective is Looker, from Platinum, if you remember him!

Years
  • What do you think the cause of the subway being so expansive (and not being able to access it) is, MetalMario? Kinda interesting, really.
    It could be an indication that the region was left unfinished, and they had planned on including more areas. (I like this possibility seeing how I found Unova disappointingly simplistic and linear in its layout.) They might have run out of time before completing it, or they might be saving it for a later edition.

But it might only be an indicator that they have these regions planned out in the canon but never planned on including them, or even worse, that they're only meant to serve as pointless decorative flavour, like all the extra, decorative islands in the Hoenn map.

Back