• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Mystery Gift Mew: Can you reset for the right Tera?

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I'm sorry. This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find an answer on Google regarding this in Violet. Can you reset the game after collecting the Mystery Gift Mew and then enter the Mystery Gift code again? I'm really afraid to save my game because I have a Flying Tera type Mew. I know you can change its tera type after you get a certain badge, but I heard it's a real pain, and I think it'd be easier to soft reset right now, right? Can someone help me out here?

It should automatically save when you receive the Mystery gift.

You can make a child account though and claim Mew again on it. I used my own child account to nab two mews on Violet =3
    There's a limit to how many child accounts you can make, but it gives you a couple re-rolls.

Took me a bit to find a video where someone redeems it without cutting out the part I wanted to see... =P

1:24 - 1:29 roughly.
    during 'receiving your gift' it clearly says 'Now saving...' in the top left.
    I think what it saves is marking you as having received the Mystery gift, though I can't be sure as I don't know what it saves exactly =P
    Saving your boxes afterward is likely separate from what gets saved during the Mystery Gift redemption, as I think the save during Mystery Gift is more like a checkmark.

I'm by no means an expert on this though. I just recalled seeing 'now saving' when I redeemed it myself.

Last edited:
    I'll be dad gum. It does say "Now saving..."

I left my Switch on overnight cuz I was paranoid if I saved, it would... I don't know... lock me out of getting a different Tera Type by resetting, or if I didn't save, it'd be all, "No, you can't redeem the code again. You don't get a Mew."

Thank you for telling me the truth.

I saw the code out of context and wasn't even aware they'd have different Tera types. I was just hyper unlucky and got a Tera Psychic Mew 😂

I'll be dad gum. It does say "Now saving..."

I left my Switch on overnight cuz I was paranoid if I saved, it would... I don't know... lock me out of getting a different Tera Type by resetting, or if I didn't save, it'd be all, "No, you can't redeem the code again. You don't get a Mew."

Thank you for telling me the truth.
    Just farm some Blissey tera dens for the shard and you can swap tera type easily to what you want. Nintendo is really rolling out the red carpet to get people ready for the Mew2 event.

Back