• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen mystery gift

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    im not sure how mystery gift works soo can some one please help me ???? i tryed with my mate and it never worked and what s the wifi mystery gift ?

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    soo no one knows who it works lol good i just thought i was a bifffffff

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Finding Mystery Gift:
    Go to Jubilife City
    Go to the TV Station
    Go to the 3rd floor
    Go the the room with the man & lady standing next to each other
    Talk to the man
    Do the interview as follows:
    First question
    Everyone Happy
    Second Question:
    Wi-fi Connection
    You now have mystery gift.

The function of it in this generation is restricted to Nintendo Events I believe.... not 100% certain though.

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    but theres wifi events surly that means u could download the event from your own home !!!!!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    but theres wifi events surly that means u could download the event from your own home !!!!!

I don't know. I haven't seen it been done and I haven't tested it myself as I don't have Wi-fi. But it may be possible for Wi-fi events to occur but that hasn't been confirmed as the first Nintendo Event is not until July 14th for the Darkrai Event in Japan.

Years
    im pretty sure they've done it so that people can still download the pokemon without having to visit the actual event. it makes sense since not everyone can afford to go to japan just to get a new pokemon lol

dont understand about the option to download from a friend though

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    yea but nintendo always are looking for money examples, need both games and pokemon ranger to get most of the pokemon and the fire red and leaf green, i tryed wifi with friend and "no gifts were found" ermm.... nintendo should give us some info

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    they should of made it for both wifi reasons and friend reasons as well, just like someone stated above Nintendo needs money so they'll do whatever they can to get that money

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    mm...... Wifi should be for the people who cant get to wifi events but nintendo are sooo tight they wont make it like that and we cant even get it in our pokedex so we cant trade on wifi for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    One thing's for sure: forget about downloading the events. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen soon. Although I don't exactly know the purpose of Mystery Gift either.

Aymundo

Poke'king
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    some one out there must know somethinmk about this ??? it was realli good in gold and sliver why cant nintendo make it just like that, dam nintendo !! lol

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    some one out there must know somethinmk about this ??? it was realli good in gold and sliver why cant nintendo make it just like that, dam nintendo !! lol

They could just be evil and had decided that Mystery Gift wasn't going to play a significant role in the game. I guess we'll just have to see what they've really done with it. No one seems to know.

EDIT: I just remembered what one use is for... https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2500352
    On July 14th, the same day as the movie's release, you will be able to get Darkrai through Mystery Gift when at the Cinema (using the Local Wireless Mystery Gift). However, you will not receive Darkrai by catching it yourself after going through the in-game story, but rather just receive Darkrai. This Darkrai however, like other Pokémon given in events, is inside a Cherish Ball, has a Special Ribbon, and this time has an Enigma Berry attached. It also has the Dialga & Palkia exclusive moves Roar of Time and Spacial Rend.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    One thing's for sure: forget about downloading the events. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen soon. Although I don't exactly know the purpose of Mystery Gift either.

neither do I, they should use it for download.

They could just be evil and had decided that Mystery Gift wasn't going to play a significant role in the game. I guess we'll just have to see what they've really done with it. No one seems to know.

NF doesn't make any sense, they probably dont know what they are doing either. They really should plain things out before releasing

Roihu

In America
    Years
    I think only the poketch applications are gonna be for Wi-Fi but the others will be like the darkrai event

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    NF doesn't make any sense, they probably dont know what they are doing either. They really should plain things out before releasing

It's not that they haven't planned it, I'm sure they have it all sorted out. It's releasing the information to the public and players that they have yet to do.

Years
    I think only the poketch applications are gonna be for Wi-Fi but the others will be like the darkrai event

does this mean that they are gonna release new poketch apps via wifi??? that'd be cool.

i wish they made one which basically had shortcuts to the menu so you could just tap to open your pokemon/pokedex/items menus and save etc rather than having to press X then choose from the list

Back