• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mystery Gifts - order of pick-up changes?

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
Years
  • Here's a maybe weird question.

Does anyone notice how, if you have 2 or more Mystery Gifts on their Generation IV DS games, that the order of pick-up of these gifts changes between games?

What I mean is, let's say I have a Pikachu and Celebi waiting to be picked up on my SoulSilver game and on my Pearl game. Let's say I went to the PokeMart and went to pick up my Mystery Gift. Let's say that I picked up a Pikachu from one game and a Celebi from another.

I did just that only to find that Pikachu was waiting for me in one game while Celebi was waiting for me in the other one.

It isn't the order in which I received my Wonder Cards; I received Pikachu way earlier than my Celebi.

So why did this happen? Why did I get Pikachu in one game and Celebi in my other game?

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • Actually, this question/topic involves not just Pearl but also SoulSilver and HeartGold which is why I put it here. Only people who have both HG/SS and Diamond/Platinum/Pearl would be able to answer the question?

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • I just tested that and set my Pikachu Wonder Card to be the last one I viewed, but I still get the Celebi instead. This is just boggling me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just posting again to say that even though it deals with the two games, they both have their own forum and their own Q&A thread that you could have used. Questions always go in a Q&A thread, they don't get their own.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've experienced this as well; the order is static and hardly logical. I have 4 games, each full with 3 wondercards. Sometimes I get the most recently obtained event first, sometimes not. If you have deleted used wondercards, they add to the complication. :(

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
  • Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this strange issue. I've tried everything I could think of to try and change the order including rearranging my viewing order of the Wonder Cards before downloading a new Card... but no deal. Weird!

@ Sydian: Thanks for the reminder; I'll keep that in mind next time.

Back