• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mythical and Guardian Deity Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So apart from Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma, Sun and Moon introduced two mythicals and four pokemon called 'Guardian Deities'.
    Do you think that any of these will get any extra goodies like formes or even fusions (come on, who wouldn't want to see the four guardians fuse into one huge totem?) come Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Will we perhaps get a new mythical Pokemon not available in Sun and Moon? Speculate away!

Years
    I can't really see the Tapus playing that major of a role, especially considering their role in the original Sun & Moon was already very minor at most, at least if you're not named Tapu Koko.

Years
    I can't really see the Tapus playing that major of a role, especially considering their role in the original Sun & Moon was already very minor at most, at least if you're not named Tapu Koko.
    Who knows. Maybe they'll at least animate some parts that were mentioned in SM (assuming that this is a retelling of SM a la Emerald, Platinum, Crystal) like Tapu Fini and Hapu teaming up against an ultra beast (I assume it to be none other than Guzzlord since it's the only one we find there).

Anyway. They might still get formes. The Kami trio got them in Gen V despite not even appearing in B2W2 xD.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I hope they do though. Tapu Bulu with an ingame event seemed awesome, with the desert swirling around him and everything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Maybe there will be another guardian who looks more similar to the strange souvenir item? Or maybe they'll finally have a forme where they all combine together to make a totem pole!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Maybe there will be another guardian who looks more similar to the strange souvenir item? Or maybe they'll finally have a forme where they all combine together to make a totem pole!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the souvenir item. Can we confirm that none of the tapus or legendaries is similar to the strange souvenir?

Years

Oh yeah, I forgot about the souvenir item. Can we confirm that none of the tapus or legendaries is similar to the strange souvenir?

Think they purposely made it generic/not really resemble any so that it could be any of the four.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    i wonder if there might be a fifth "master" guardian of some sort revealed. game freak seems to love that sort of thing.

Years
    i wonder if there might be a fifth "master" guardian of some sort revealed. game freak seems to love that sort of thing.

That would only happen if there's a fifth main island in Alola, or if we get new Pokemon which is unlikely to happen within games of the same generation.

pkmin3033

I don't expect them to really do much with the Guardians again this time around, but if they bring the UBs to Alola en masse again, I would quite like to see their role in defending the islands expanded on. All we got regarding this were a couple of paltry cutscenes and it would have been nice to have seen them get proper battles and full involvement, rather than what felt like brief cameos.

...I also do not want to fight Tapu Koko immediately after the E4 with no chance to save, thank you.

Back