• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Names, Names, and More Names.

Taste In Names?

• Total voters

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    To everyone who would name their kid with a Japanese name: Don't, unless they actually ARE Japanese. plzkthx.

Also, This.

I saw that story. Some others:

Children have been legally named "Tallula does the Hula(full name)" and "Apple" among others.

One man changed his name 4 times, currently Zada Zady Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrraa or something of the like.

I almost forgot:

The Puritans were crazy with names. They thought that by naming your kid, you would "protect" it from whatever you named it. So names like "Jealousy," "Hate," "Satan," and, my personal favorite, "Fool If Jesus Had Not Saved Thee Thou Wouldst Be Damned" were common.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    What would you name your kids?
    Me and my fiance have a few names picked out.....

Tamran Josephine for a girl. It's different. First three letters of my moms name and the first three letters of my dads name. The middle name is from my brother.

Aiden Jasper for a boy. We just like those two names.

But we're adding something in for my sister, Yvonne.

What names do you like?
    I like the names Alexander/Alexandria and Xaiver.

What would rename yourself?
    Edward Anthony Masen

Or frankly, what kind of names in general tickle your fancy.
    See second question.

23Q

Years
    If i had Kids? Romeo for male, Rhonda For Female
    My pets? Meowth for a cat (none yet)
    Chatot for a bird
    And maybe Squirtle for my dog
    Ahahah

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    For a girl, Violet or Amber.
    For a boy, Leo or most likely, Warren. I freakin' love that name :D

What names do you like?
    Errr, names that are a bit away from common like ^ those but not crazy ones like Octavius.

Warren. Like I said. Or possibly Jelly.

Ignoring the last question because its the same as the 2nd one. But kudos for using the phrase "tickles your fancy" That's freakin' AWESOME.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I voted for all three XD, I'm not crazy about most common names, but some are great. And I know this might at first seem like Pokemon related, but when I thought of these names I didn't have the games in mind.

-Lance
    -Misty
    -Lleyton

If I could have two boys and a girl with those names, my life would be complete. Haha.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Call me dull but I like common names. Some uncommon names, while imaginative, also sound utterly ridiculous and I can't help but feel sorry for some of the kids.

The worst is when chav parents over here name their kids after cheap wines and beers. Seriously.

What would you name your kids
    Boy: Adam or Joshua
    Girl: Sarah or Emily

What names do you like
    Just normal ones, as mentioned above haha

I wouldn't :D

Xer0

Tomboy at Heart
    Years
    I like uncommon names. It makes a person's name more unique!

Girl: Jade, Lynn, Myra.
    Boy: Jake, Tyson, Brendon, Alex.

What names do you like?
    I like uncommon names. It makes a person's name more unique!

Probably nothing else. My name is fine as it is. ^_^

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    well i was planing on naming a girl Sapphire after my mother (her name is Ruby) but then i realized that i knew a few strippers with that name so...i changed my mind..:D

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    comman names for me. I like my names just blending in and being perfectly normal. here are what I'd call my future kids (three for each, not saying I'm gunna have 6 kids lol :P):

boys - jamie, lewis, shane.
    girls - natalie, jennifer, sam (samantha).

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    comman names for me. I like my names just blending in and being perfectly normal. here are what I'd call my future kids (three for each, not saying I'm gunna have 6 kids lol :P):

boys - ja(y)mie, lewis, shane.
    girls - natalie, jennifer, sam (samantha).

Wow. You just nailed my name, Mr. Psychic.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    I will probly just let my husband name them. If I did choose it would be Walter, James, or William. Yeah I don't know a girl's name, then again I REALLY don't want one and might name her a male name.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I'll decide when/if the time comes.

What names do you like?
    Zenn (It's a real last name!)
    White Pages said:
    There are 114 unique 'Zenn' last names in the United States.

There are 12 unique 'Zenn' last names in California.

Awesome!

Zenn (As first name)

Or frankly, what kind of names in general tickle your fancy.
    Weird and unusual names.

Last edited:

Dainty

The Puppet Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2012
    Regarding the poll answer, "I like not-common-at-all names (Eg: Octavius, Cheri)", I know a while lot of Octavius (spelling differs) and a few people with the middle name Cheri, and some who go by Cheri as a nickname. I guess that depends on where you live.

Anyways, I only want girls (If I do end up having a boy, I'll still love him, but I would be head-over-heels with a girl. So many cute outfits! Dress up, make up, princesses, all that fun stuff. I guess I was so happy when I was little, I want to have my own daughter to have as much fun). I want to have one, and adopt or foster one. I adore the name 'Adella'. And since I never met or heard anyone with that name (though I know there are people with that name), I'd have to say 'uncommon' to 'not-common-at-all'.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    What would you name your kids
    Girl : Savannah
    Boy : Robert

What names do you like
    I seem to like common names.

What would you rename yourself
    I like Christina because it makes me feel even more like a Christmas child than I am! ^_^

Crissy xX

Terragal

Secretive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    I plan on having 9 children in the future (you heard me right, 9!! The big odd numero before the huge 1-0!)

I have already picked out the name for my future daughters... so sorry future-husband, you have NO choice unless I say so, got it? >:D

And I picked about two names for the men hehe...

Girls' Names

- If I have twins I have already decided to call them Rose and Thorn >:D (I wanna yell ROSE, THORN!)
    - Angel Rose (I like this name because its not that common hehe)
    - Alyssa Day (it is a cute name :/)
    - Alexis Ann (This name came to me in a dream and I plan to name my girl it one day)
    - Corrie (my alias on one forum hehe)
    - Darlyia (this was a character in my story)
    - Seraphia (came up with this last night, I looove it!)
    - Virgo (I came up with this when I was like, what, 13?)
    - Arylin (this is a totally made up name I used for a story and I loooove it<3)
    - Chance (I made this up by pure chance, honestly it has NOTHING to do with the pokémon)

Boys' Names

- Jacob (name of my first crush, booooya!)
    - Hayley (named after Hayley Joel Osmond, voice of Sora from Kingdom Hearts)
    - Hamulin (I dunno how I came about this name, but it isn't in the book)
    - Dareto (sounds like dorrito, and no, it is NOT in the book) (character for fanfic)
    - Zidane (Okay, I admit it, Final Fantasy 9 got to me)
    - Matthew (it would be funny for my kid if he kept my last name haha)
    - Michael (I just wanna spite my mother here...)
    - Lio (I wanted this name for a girl but I'll give it to the boys... meh)
    - Liam (er... name of an old classmate?)

Changing MY name

I have no interest in changing my name, even when I am married. The guy either changes his name to mine or we ahve a double barrel end name thing... yup, I plan on keeping the maiden-ness of my name... for the pure hope of having a kid to call Matthew Michael Matt...

Jacob Matt also sounds nice...

But if I did just-so-happen to change my name it would be Corrie Michigan Anders or Rilo Theodora Harlequin. Yes, I have a wonderfully weird taste in names, haha!

Back