• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nanakamado's lab is NOT in your hometown?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...It could be that that's just where he lives, but he makes visits to those "green houses" that you mentioned in Futaba Town, which is where you get your starter and whatnot.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    This will cause more speculation about the start of the game, for example: You find the prof's briefcase on the ground and battle with one of the starters through the grass to the next town to meet the prof. He (of course) mistakes you for a thief, but when he realizes the truth he is impressed as you didn't have a pokemon before, but still managed to go through the route and gives you the starter.

Okay now I'm going a LITTLE off topic but it's a good find and it's interesting.

EDIT:someone1939, is your first sentence sarcasm? :P

Last edited:

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Xylitol said:
    This will cause more speculation about the start of the game, for example: You find the prof's briefcase on the ground and battle with one of the starters through the grass to the next town to meet the prof. He (of course) mistakes you for a thief, but when he realizes the truth he is impressed as you didn't have a pokemon before, but still managed to go through the route and gives you the starter.

Okay now I'm going a LITTLE off topic but it's a good find and it's interesting.

This might as well be the amature detective thread! Brilliant deduction!!!

I think that could be the start of a much-needed deeper storyline in the Pokemon series... hmmm... just think about it; WHY was the briefcase lying on the ground in the first place?!?!? A story of DECEPTION, GREED, and POWER with a bunch of unpredictable twists!!!!!!!

... Or all of this could be completely wrong, and we'll get another POS story. Don't get me wrong - the Pokemon games don't NEED a compelling story to be fun, but that would be a nice bonus (^.^).

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Xylitol said:

Hmm, Maybe......This is quite an interesting aspect. good study, Wolt

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Ah-ha! For those who didn't already know, Prof. Nanakamado's lab is NOT in your homeland. Rather, you have a legendary sighting in a route, and then you find the briefcase. Something like that, and then you go to the other town, where Prof. Nanakamado (his name is Anno-ying!) rewards you with the POKeMON that you picked. Something like that.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Most likely, but I think that Nanakamado, is the japanese name, they will probably make a change for a ENGLISH name, but thats my opinion.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    In the English version, if you didn't know, they are associated with trees. I would assume the new professor will be the same.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Nanakamado means "Rowan tree". So, his name, like Ookido-hakase's (which is katakana for Orchid) has a tree meaning. Dunno about Odamaki and Utsugi, though.

So I guess "Prof. Rowan" is a pretty good bet for the English name...

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2007
    Very interresting!
    I've opened Diamond and Pearl and there is indeed no lab in your starttown.

Water Sage

Pocchama Expert!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2006
    Oh, and I think Serebii has confirmed that he indeed lives in the next town. You were doing research, blah blah blah, and that's why the briefcase is there...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So he really does live in the next town...
    Amusing.

That makes me happy! x3 Something different! Yay!

...I always thought just walking down a few steps to get there was too easy...

Back