• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen National Dex

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    I'm playing leafgreen on vba. I've defeated elite 4,gary and even reach the credits. But yet to get a national dex from oak. Somebody help me...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    You need to catch 60 different species of Kanto pokémon for your pokedex first. Once you have 60 entries, talk to Oak and he'll update it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    The thing is I've ot 100+ pokemon. After hall of fame i'll be outisde the hq. then gary comes running out. followed by oak who turns at me and never says a thing. then he rushes down. after that its credits and the entire game restarts.

Ivysaur

Years
    Oh, it's in VBA? Then you'll have to remove your .sav file for the LG ROM and open VisualBoyAdvance (without loading a ROM). Then click the "Options" menu, scroll to "Emulator", select "Save type" and click "Flash 128K" in the Save Types.

If the game still restarts, you'll have to start again, but with the save type as Flash128 (by default it is in 64).

And this should go in Emulation then, but since the question is answered... well, try it XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Whoa...so what u're saying is if after the credits the game still restarts i gotta start my entire journey all over again?

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Whoa...so what u're saying is if after the credits the game still restarts i gotta start my entire journey all over again?

Um, no. As what Went says if Flash 128K works then you're lucky. It will load your file. If not, sadly, you are going to restart all over again. Just follow what Went told you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Isn't there like any other way? I dont want to restart the entire game. Cause after the credits it goes back to Oak welcoming into pokemon world.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    As you have been told twice now, there is not another way. That is the price you pay by using an emulator.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    If that savetype is wrong, it will give a message when you start the game about the 1M Sub-Circuit is broken, and you won't be able to save normally...

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Or just rename it, then back again...
    But you will need to first change the Save Type, then Quicksave, Delete Regular Save, Quickload, and Save Again, or the Save File will still be in the wrong format

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    The game does have the error msg of "1-M blah blah blah". What do you mean by changing the save type? Sorry, rather new to emulators.

Ivysaur

Years
    The game does have the error msg of "1-M blah blah blah". What do you mean by changing the save type? Sorry, rather new to emulators.

Oh, it's in VBA? Then you'll have to remove your .sav file for the LG ROM and open VisualBoyAdvance (without loading a ROM). Then click the "Options" menu, scroll to "Emulator", select "Save type" and click "Flash 128K" in the Save Types. (by default it is in 64).

The thread is pretty much going in circles :\ Try this, there is nothing much else to try, really :\

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Is it better to save the game from the game menu or thru the emulator?

Ivysaur

Years
    You can't save from the game menu unless you activate that system :\
    But well, saving with the emulator is better IMO since you can restart the game anytime.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Uh...
    Oh, it's in VBA? Then you'll have to remove your .sav file for the LG ROM and open VisualBoyAdvance (without loading a ROM). Then click the "Options" menu, scroll to "Emulator", select "Save type" and click "Flash 128K" in the Save Types.

If the game still restarts, you'll have to start again, but with the save type as Flash128 (by default it is in 64).

And this should go in Emulation then, but since the question is answered... well, try it XD

No, wait! Take the save file out of the VBA folder, then change th save type in VBA. Then put it back, load, and it hopefully works. :P
    That. Yeah, enough said.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Started Firered recently and the advise abt changing the save type does work. So thanks guys!

Anyway, ot a bit. Caught a brown colored Rhyhorn(is it called a shiny?) at Safari Zone. Was wondering whether will it evolve into a normal Rhydon or a different colored one as well?

Back