• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen National Trading: Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    1. I read that HeartGold and SoulSilver will let you trade with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum without the need to first obtain the National Dex.
    2. Based on an experience encountered in the Generation III games, a Pokemon that evolves at a certain level but isn't in the game's regional Pokedex (ex. Hoenn) won't evolve at that particular level unless you have the National Dex.

Based on this logic:
    A) Would I be allowed to trade, say, Lucario to HeartGold or SoulSilver if I'm only at, say, Goldenrod City w/out having beaten Whitney?
    B) If I did the action from A, let's say I bred the aforementioned Lucario with a Ditto at the Daycare and got a Riolu from the egg. After it is maximally happy with me during the day, could said Riolu evolve into Lucario without the National Dex in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Please use the help thread sticky for posting questions, please.

Anyways - yes, you can trade with D/P/Pt as soon as you get the normal dex i.e. well before the first gym. And you're able to evolve Pokemon such as Lucario and so forth - just won't be added to the dex until you get the national one I believe. So for:
    A) Would I be allowed to trade, say, Lucario to HeartGold or SoulSilver if I'm only at, say, Goldenrod City w/out having beaten Whitney?
    B) If I did the action from A, let's say I bred the aforementioned Lucario with a Ditto at the Daycare and got a Riolu from the egg. After it is maximally happy with me during the day, could said Riolu evolve into Lucario without the National Dex in HeartGold and SoulSilver?
    A - yes. B - yes.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back