• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Natsume Yuujinchou

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Also known as Natsume's Book of Friends, also what you'll find it under when looking to buy it.

Natsume Yuujinchou

The series follows Takashi Natsume, who can see spirits, and his inheritance of his grandmother's Book of Friends, which contains the names of all the spirits she beat into submission made friends with. Many of these spirits come after him with the intent to kill him to get their name back. Some not listed come after him to steal the Book of Friends from him for the power that it would bring them (It's effectively a book of servants, fyi). With the help of Nyanko-sensei, a spirit that Natsume stumbles upon, Natsume intends to return the names of all the spirits in the Book of Friends to their rightful owners.

The series is very episodic by nature due to it being a monthly publication, and is currently on its fourth season right now.

Years
  • I just barely finished watching this when you noted it. Haha. It does look interesting indeed, I'll have to check out the manga.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I like to watch/read series which involve Japanese myths and legends, and Natsume Yuujinchou is not different. Though less action-packed then Shounen Onmyouji or any other shounen anime you can think of, Natsume Yuujinchou is a series I can thoroughly enjoy. Though it is not a series that I gave priority to finish, I now and then watch an episode. I mostly like the multiple episode stories, since they tend to be a bit more exciting, but the mono-episodic ones are mostly really sweet and tender. : >
    I'm still only half-way the third season. But I'm deffinitally going to watch the 4th one as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've seen the first two season, which I quite enjoy, and I plan on watching the third and fourth soon, when I have time. From what I heard, the third season is one of the best ones.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh my god this has been my obsession for the past few days LOL so much fanart doodling of this...

I love Natsume Yuujinchou, the way it's simple yet can touch my heart every single episode. I remember in the first season, there wasn't a single episode in which I didn't wind up in tears by the end OTL It was actually kind of a rough ride in that sense....

But I'm so excited for the fourth season, and they better as heck animate my favorite arc in the manga or I'm going to be so disappointed. XDDD

Back