• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need fire deck help

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Not to sure what to call this, just looking for some help. getting back in 2 pokemon after 10+years
    Pokemon
    Mewtwo EX x1
    litwick x2
    lampent x2
    chandelure x2
    tepig x3
    Pignite x2
    emboar x2
    growlithe x3
    arcanine x2
    reshiram x3
    magby x1

Energy
    fire x15
    double colorless x4
    resuce energy x1

Trainer
    Super rod x2
    Energy retrieval x2
    cilan x4
    Heavy ball x2
    Eviolite x2
    Level ball x2
    revive x1
    N x2

Years
    Which Emboar are you using? The one with the Inferno Fandango ability or the other one?

And that seems like a lot of Energy for a deck. What you need more of are draw trainers like Cheren and Professor Oak's New Theory. I also recommend adding in some Pokemon Communication and some Pokemon Collector.

Years
    Between 2 and 4 of each.

I'd also consider dropping some of your Pokemon evolution lines and focusing on just a few of them. Chandelure and Emboar are both good cards to build decks around, but they don't really lend themselves too well to comboing with each other because of how fast other decks in the format are.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Id drop Magby, and arcanine, and let emboar's ability work for reshiram for power. chandelure is good for spreading damage around if your opponent has some weak basics on the bench. also has a decent 80 attack.

And like DJ said, Professor Oak's new theory, and Cheren. Personally id take out super rod and add in more energy retrieval.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    yea i was thinking the same thing about the trainers and such just hard as hell 2 get lol.

Back