• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help. Got ADHD.

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
Days
    • Age 17
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys are able to help me with something important to me.

You see, I want to write a fanfic crossover of Pokémon (PMD/Scarlet) and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Problem is, I don't know where to start! Seriously, while I love these games, I struggle with writing fanfiction because I am bad at coming up with good plotlines! Not to mention that I lose interest easily and need help staying focused. If you guys can post below possible plotlines and/or advice to stay focused, I would really appreciate it.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I can help you however possible. While I don't remember everything about KatFL, I do remember a fair amount. (including how awesome of a game it was!) I'm less familiar with PMD related things, but I can try my best!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I was waiting around to see if anyone else was going to offer to help as well, but since it's been a few days, I'll just start.

I need to know what you've already got set for your fic before I can offer any advise at all, otherwise I risk being redundant talking about things you've already done and such.

General advise however, would be to listen to the soundtrack(s) of the thing(s) you want to write a fic about often, to keep it(them in your case) at the forefront of your thoughts.
    Try to make a list of all of your favorite parts of the thing(s) in question, as it also helps to keep your mind focused on the the subject(s) at hand.
    Try typing out a very rough template of an interaction that you'd like to see in your fic, preferably with characters interacting with each other in some way, then try reading through it again after a day or two to see if there is anything about it you want to change. This can atually be really helpful early on to work as a springboard point for a story. It doesn't even have to start out all hthat meaningful, just a decently long interaction, meant to be read later, cringed at, then rewritten into something better.

Charcadet121

Days
    • Age 17
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    Ok, well, you know about Morpho Knight, right? Well, I want to do a story where he, alongside Meta Knight, end up in the Pokémon world, but instead of being humans, they are counted as new Pokemon, with Meta Knight being Steel-Flying type, and Morpho Knight being Bug-Fire type. They end up meeting many friends and enemies, before finally making their way back to their own world.

The thing is, is that while I can do a beginning and an ending quite well, it's the middle that I have problems with, courtesy of my lack of patience.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • The middle of a story design is always the most annoying work to do. Don't worry that's just part of the craft.

I feel like Pokémon and Kirby in general can vibe together on a lot of things to construct a good crossover. PMD and Kirby general tend to share some themes such as having non-"creature" abominations as final bosses / Great Bads (such as in Gates to Infinity), the gameplay tends to have a focus on coöperation (and that drives a bit of the narrative design as well, see: Triple Deluxe), etc.

One thing I can recommend, is to have a clear idea of what you want the story to be about: ideally a beginning, an end, an overall theme or tone and an approximate idea of how long do you want it to be (because, well, you will have to write the entirely of it!). One trick I have been told helps with the latter two is to go read across the fandom (in this case: across the two fandoms) to find stories that you feel are or try to be "like yours", and put down in words what do you think are the elements (narrative, design, etc) that make it so, so that you have a guide on how to orient your own writing.

Charcadet121

Days
    • Age 17
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    Ok, thanks for the advice! Not sure how helpful it will end up being in the long run, but this is why Armarouge can't learn Future Sight!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Ok, well, you know about Morpho Knight, right? Well, I want to do a story where he, alongside Meta Knight, end up in the Pokémon world, but instead of being humans, they are counted as new Pokemon, with Meta Knight being Steel-Flying type, and Morpho Knight being Bug-Fire type. They end up meeting many friends and enemies, before finally making their way back to their own world.

The thing is, is that while I can do a beginning and an ending quite well, it's the middle that I have problems with, courtesy of my lack of patience.

Do you know all of the characters from the Pokemon world that you want them to meet? Do you want there to be any other characters from Kirby's universe to take part, or just Morpho Knight and Meta Knight?

Back