• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help on buying new device!

Deep007

The Pirate King
    Years
    Hey guys. So after the big exam I am facing, my mom promised me to buy a new device to my liking. Within a budget, of course.

I can't decide on what to buy. I think I want to watch movies, listen to songs, browse the net freely, read mangas etc etc... I thought about buying a tablet computer, but some friends said it gets boring soon enough. So I don't know what to do. I would really appreciate a suggestion from you in this matter.

Thanks in advance. :)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    What's your budget? That's the first question you need to answer, actually. Your requirements can be fulfilled by pretty much all gadgets in every category these days. Even low end devices will be able to do all that. As a result, it'll pretty much be decided by your budget. So yes, what is it?

Deep007

The Pirate King
    Years
    What's your budget? That's the first question you need to answer, actually. Your requirements can be fulfilled by pretty much all gadgets in every category these days. Even low end devices will be able to do all that. As a result, it'll pretty much be decided by your budget. So yes, what is it?

About 200$, or some more if needed... I am looking forward to watching stuff in a bigger screen, so please don't suggest a phone :)

derozio

Years
    See, if you're from India (I have a feeling that's where you're from for some reason. Don't ask why XD) or some asian country where Xiaomi's "Mi Pad" is available, that is the best bet. A very powerful device for what you're gonna pay for it. There's almost no downside to the device except for the fact that there's no cellular connectivity - but if calling people isn't really on the top of your priority list, then that's not a problem. And if you're a sucker for latest Android OSes, then that's another downer since it still runs kitkat. But if you can look past those, it is one hell of a package for what you're paying, really.

Specs are as follows -
    7.9 Inch IPS LCD Screen with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels (326ppi - very sharp for such a big screen)
    Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat) [One downside I guess? But Kitkat is anyway my favorite OS since lollipop isn't nearly as battery efficient]
    Nvidia Tegra K1
    CPU Quad-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A15 [Definitely more than sufficient for running most things smoothly]
    GPU ULP GeForce Kepler (192 cores) [This thing can run almost any game you throw at it without any issues. Media consumption will be a breeze]
    2GB of RAM [Sufficient for moderate levels of multitasking]
    Has micro SD expansion upto 128GBs.
    8MP/5MP Rear/Front cameras with pretty good camera quality
    6700mAH battery that lasts quite a bit.

The cost is lesser than $200, too. Close to $170.
    A lot of my friends have bought the device. All of them are really satisfied with it.

But yeah, then again, this post is only relevant if you're able to get it - is it available in your region?

Deep007

The Pirate King
    Years
    See, if you're from India (I have a feeling that's where you're from for some reason. Don't ask why XD) or some asian country where Xiaomi's "Mi Pad" is available, that is the best bet. A very powerful device for what you're gonna pay for it. There's almost no downside to the device except for the fact that there's no cellular connectivity - but if calling people isn't really on the top of your priority list, then that's not a problem. And if you're a sucker for latest Android OSes, then that's another downer since it still runs kitkat. But if you can look past those, it is one hell of a package for what you're paying, really.

Specs are as follows -
    7.9 Inch IPS LCD Screen with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels (326ppi - very sharp for such a big screen)
    Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat) [One downside I guess? But Kitkat is anyway my favorite OS since lollipop isn't nearly as battery efficient]
    Nvidia Tegra K1
    CPU Quad-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A15 [Definitely more than sufficient for running most things smoothly]
    GPU ULP GeForce Kepler (192 cores) [This thing can run almost any game you throw at it without any issues. Media consumption will be a breeze]
    2GB of RAM [Sufficient for moderate levels of multitasking]
    Has micro SD expansion upto 128GBs.
    8MP/5MP Rear/Front cameras with pretty good camera quality
    6700mAH battery that lasts quite a bit.

The cost is lesser than $200, too. Close to $170.
    A lot of my friends have bought the device. All of them are really satisfied with it.

But yeah, then again, this post is only relevant if you're able to get it - is it available in your region?

I am from Bangladesh... and yes, it is available in my country.
    No cellular activity means no internet though, doesn't it?

derozio

Years
    You can always connect to Wi-Fi for internet. Can't use data, though, yes.

Years
    For what you want to do, there's no reason a tablet won't suffice. You could go for a laptop if you want to do a bit of PC gaming, or need it for school.

Back