• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Need help updating my game

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    So I recently came back to my Pokemon Essentials project, and in the time i was absent, two new versions have already come out. I figured this wouldn't be too difficult to patch in, but so far it's been a nightmare trying to find any info about updating 18 (which is the version i have) to v20. even finding update tutorials from v18-v19 has been a huge pain :/ could i get some help updating my game? because my game already has already made decent progress and i dont want to restart.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So I recently came back to my Pokemon Essentials project, and in the time i was absent, two new versions have already come out. I figured this wouldn't be too difficult to patch in, but so far it's been a nightmare trying to find any info about updating 18 (which is the version i have) to v20. even finding update tutorials from v18-v19 has been a huge pain :/ could i get some help updating my game? because my game already has already made decent progress and i dont want to restart.

Too many things have changed from v18 to v19, and I don't even know about v19 to v20. I fear they might even release v21 in a year or so.
    My answer would depend on the current state of your game.
    Do you have many custom scripts made by you? If yes, then I suggest you stay on v18. If not, then next question.
    Do you use many scripts by others? If no, then I suggest you upgrade to v20 directly, it should be easy. If yes, then next question.
    Do the scripts you use exist on v19 or v20? If yes, then upgrade to v20. If no, then don't upgrade.
    You should upgrade if it doesn't cost you too much. Otherwise, don't upgrade. v18 is an excellent version, there are many useful scripts on it, so you don't need to upgrade.

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    thank you! this was very helpful!!! i will probably just stay in v18 then which is unfortunate that im missing out on all the cool new features but itll be fine i think! again ty! i really appreciate it! ^v^

Back