• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with Animation

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2015
    Hello there,

I just have a question> How to make pokemon moves animation (eg: tbolt, icebeam etc)

can someone make a tutorial for me? or show me an existing tutorial? please . i use cs4 but not frequented with after effects :/

Thanks

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Hey there buddy! The place for this type of question is in the DCC, not in a stand alone thread, I just wanted to point that out!

Furthermore, I think the answer to your question can be found in the ROM Hacking forums, or the Game Creation forums. Animation isn't a big part of A&D, but your answer will almost certainly be in the two forums I suggested :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Looks like this already got covered! Ninja's right, your best bet for animation (though I would like to have more animation based threads, discussions, and tutorials here!) is in ROM Hacking. Right now, there just isn't the demand for it in A&D, since so little of us actually animate scratch work.

I hope you find what you're looking for though. Animation is really tough, especially in the beginning stages. For what it's worth, whenever I animate something pixilated, I hand draw in the changes to the previous image on a new layer. Stuff like transitional or pre-made effects aren't really made for pixel art, so most of the time they're pointless anyway. Draw in what you want the attack to look like, and use your frame speed to make adjustments.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i would check out the ROM hacking section for animation. i know how to do animation of pokemon and trainer sprites walking. to make them animate, you could use photoshop or gimp.

Back