• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need Help with Pokeemerald Battle Engine

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Edit: Forget what I said below. I found out what I have to do. From what I understand, I have to install the three parts of pokeemerald and do the rest with PGE. But I'm struggling with the installation of Pokeemerald battle engine, pokemon expansion, and item expansion. I think I figured out how to install battle engine, but I'm still not sure how to add pokemon and item expansions. Can anyone help?

I've been playing pokemon rom hacks for almost 10 years by now but never actually tried to do it myself. What I want to make here is an emerald hack with newer mechanics and pokemon. I've played hacks like theta emerald before but I think those hacks have way too much content in them. In fact, more than enough.

Basically, what I'm planning to make is an emerald hack with ONLY a full national dex along with gen 4 mechanics and 493 pokemon (and maybe fairy type). What programs do I need to make this hack? Do you recommend any tutorials?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been playing pokemon rom hacks for almost 10 years by now but never actually tried to do it myself. What I want to make here is an emerald hack with newer mechanics and pokemon. I've played hacks like theta emerald before but I think those hacks have way too much content in them. In fact, more than enough.

Basically, what I'm planning to make is an emerald hack with ONLY a full national dex along with gen 4 mechanics and 497 pokemon (and maybe fairy type). What programs do I need to make this hack? Do you recommend any tutorials?

Pokeemerald Battle Engine Upgrade by DizzyEgg contains all these features. Why not try that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Pokeemerald Battle Engine Upgrade by DizzyEgg contains all these features. Why not try that?

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: Wow, this is harder than I expected. From what I understand, I need "pokemon expansion" and "item expansion" along with the battle engine, yes? But how do I actually add these two? Is it the same installation method as the battle engine?

Actually, I'd really appreciate an installation tutorial (if there's any) for all three.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: Wow, this is harder than I expected. From what I understand, I need "pokemon expansion" and "item expansion" along with the battle engine, yes? But how do I actually add these two? Is it the same installation method as the battle engine?

Actually, I'd really appreciate an installation tutorial (if there's any) for all three.

I haven't really done much in Emerald, so I cannot help you any further. There are a lot of tutorials and what not for Emerald hacking in PokéCommunity, so you will definitely find something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I haven't really done much in Emerald, so I cannot help you any further. There are a lot of tutorials and what not for Emerald hacking in PokéCommunity, so you will definitely find something.

What would you suggest if I wanted to hack Fire Red instead?

Years
  • What would you suggest if I wanted to hack Fire Red instead?

The Complete FireRed Ugrade (CFRU). Is that to difficult for you? Leon's and Ultimasoul's FireRed Base.
    Pretty straightforward really.

EDIT: Though if you want to use Pokeemarld, I would recommened this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    The Complete FireRed Ugrade (CFRU). Is that to difficult for you? Leon's and Ultimasoul's FireRed Base.
    Pretty straightforward really.

EDIT: Though if you want to use Pokeemarld, I would recommened this.

I think I got it now, thanks. I've been googling for a tutorial but for some reason couldn't find that one.

Back