• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Need help with Pokemon Ruby-can't reach Verdanturf Town

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    Hi. I seem to have found a serious problem with Pokemon Ruby. I'm stuck. After going to Mauville Town, I decided to go up on route 111 towards Larvaridge Town, instead of going to Verdanturf Town. There didn't seem to be any reason not to go there. I have played the game before, thought not for several years. I thought I would be more creative about how I played it this time.

Anyway, I eventually made my way through Meteor Falls, and, since the game didn't seem to be stopping me, I thought I might as well jump down the brown barriers, leading to Rustboro City. Obviously I can't climb back over the barriers again. I assumed that the game would make it physically impossible for me to go down that way if I wasn't supposed to. I assumed there would be some way to get to Verdanturf Town from there, but there isn't, so I'm stuck with no way to get there.

The old man with the pet Wingull, who could take me in his boat to Petalburg City, is still in Petalburg City. I don't have fly or surf, and I see no way of getting them. The tunnel leading to Mauville Town is, of course, incomplete. How do I get to Verdanturf now? Is it now impossible for me to complete the game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The old man with the pet Wingull, who could take me in his boat to Petalburg City, is still in Petalburg City. I don't have fly or surf, and I see no way of getting them. The tunnel leading to Mauville Town is, of course, incomplete. How do I get to Verdanturf now? Is it now impossible for me to complete the game?
    If the old man is at the dock near Petalburg, you can walk to there from Rustboro and take his boat back to Slateport and then work your way back to Mauville from there.

Are you at the point where the only thing blocking the tunnel is Rock Smash-able rocks though?

Back