• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen need help

Years
    sure, throw a masterball at them.

Most the legendaries are pretty easy to capture.... quickball/duskball or a few ultraballs.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Yeah, Master Balls are pretty much the only way to catch them easily.

Really, the only Legendary that was easy to capture was Palkia/ Dialga. I got my Palkia in a single Ultra Ball.

pluslefan

water/fire trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    the quick balls only work on regular
    pokemon not leganderies.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Use the rattata of death. Which is a lvl 1 rattata with this moveset.

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Any nature
    EVs: lol.
    Endeavor
    Quick attack(DO NOT USE THIS)

If you wanna use quick balls, send in something you wanna let die, let it die and then set out the Ratatta of death. To use the Ratatta, you use endeavor when the (insert legendary here)tries to OHKO you. Even if they don't, it's ok because you will have 11-12 HP which is good enough.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    quickballs CAN be used on legendaries, it simply doesnt work 50% of the time on them, like i said i caught my palkia with a quickball and know ppl who have caught some legendaries with quickballs too

and maybe because Palkia has a catch rate of a Skarmory.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Any nature
    Endeavor

If you wanna use quick balls, send in something you wanna let die, let it die and then set out the Ratatta of death. To use the Ratatta, you use endeavor when the (insert legendary here)tries to OHKO you. Even if they don't, it's ok because you will have 11-12 HP which is good enough.

Death-tata, I have named it. If you're level 1, it's really great since you'll drag them all the way down to 1HP.

Though, this simply doesn't work if your Pokeball fails and the Pokemon has Recover or some form of it or even if the enemy Pokemon doesn't try to OHKO you for 5 turns for some reason and you run out of Endeavor PP.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Uh, ... eh-what?

I don't get it, can you explain that process a bit better? I don't really get it, since if the Legendary has higher speed, it can easily kill it, or is there something I can't see? X_X

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Yes, Focus Sash, cos even if the legend attacks straight off, you're still gonna survive to Endeavor them down to 1 HP, and if they don't attack that's 10 HP they are down to which still hurts anything without Recover or any other healing move.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    It's a shame it fails against Giratina and the like

Could also use a level 100 with False Swipe

Gallade is great, Mean Look, Thunderwave and False Swipe is a sure fire way to make sure any non ghost legendary falls to your whim (even the runners thanks to Mean Look)

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Any nature
    Endeavor

Yeah, you're talking about "FEAR". That's a good strategy, actually, never came to think of it myself.

I wouldn't personally use Master Ball on Palkia/Dialga/Uxie/Azelf, since they're relatively easy to catch by weakening them and using Dusk/Ultra Ball.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I recommend Dusk balls for the legendaries in caves.
    I caught my Uxie with a Quick ball...then I reset it because it had really bad IVs and the second time I caught it with a Dusk ball because I thought it looked cooler at the time lol.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    It seems that when I concentrate really hard on the poke ball getting tighter and tighter, it catches it. Or maybe I'm just retarded. :)

Lol no, I do that sometimes! When I'm really frustrated I imagine I have psychic powers to keep the ball shut XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Any nature
    Endeavor

If you wanna use quick balls, send in something you wanna let die, let it die and then set out the Ratatta of death. To use the Ratatta, you use endeavor when the (insert legendary here)tries to OHKO you. Even if they don't, it's ok because you will have 11-12 HP which is good

wow would of never thought of that, well I will use this next game I get. Anyways I wont use the Master ball on Pokemon that dont run away, like Palkia and Dialga. Waste it on that ungreatful Mespirt or Cresselia

:t354:TG

Back