• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need professionnal help! :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I've got a big challenge here.
    I need to build a really good deck with:
    - A tournament/league format
    - Containing a minimum of 80% of the same type (ex:grass)
    - Made exclusively with the original 151 pokemons
    So... I'm not good at all with that TCG and am going almost blind in all this. Any deck idea not costing an arm to make would be more than appreciated!

I thought I'd make a colorless deck with a sidedeck of eevee's firsts evolution and maybe a mewtwo if I'm lucky enough to get one. Add some cards to get pidgeot maybe a rattata and such. Still pretty sketchy tho. I'm pretty sure you all got better ideas for me :)

Thanks!
    D.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    We can use any of the 151 pokemons even newer version. Tho the league is friendly, there are prizes at stake from a booster to a starter box.

Years
  • Run a Psychic deck with Mewtwo EX from Black & White Next Destinies. Prizes are yours. :P

Though it is $31 each right now (that's actually down from a high of around $60 during the peak of tournament season), so that's probably not the most affordable option.

A much cheaper option might be to go with Raichu from HeartGold SoulSilver and Raichu Lv. X from Diamond & Pearl: Stormfront, as leveling up Raichu into Raichu Lv. X allows you to attack twice in 1 turn because of Raichu Lv. X's Poke-Body, making it possible to get 2 KOs in a single turn, or at least get a giant KO of a monster of an Active Pokemon (like if someone were to actually use Mewtwo EX).

Or you could combine these two into a deck and just use Mewtwo's X Ball attack whenever you don't have a Raichu ready.

There are so many possibilities for a deck since the original 151 appear in so many different sets through the years.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I know at least 2 players uses mewtwo ex (sadly) but it's really out of price for me. I might have a 100$ to spend on this. I think I have most basics, probably not in all version, but that's about it. An electric deck would be kinda fun by reprensenting the early years of Ash. If you would make a deck with these conditions AND add the condition: "The deck must look like Ash's rooster from the first season", what would it look like? :P

It wouldn't really competitive but I think I'd get more points out of it. Of course adding Raichu would be important, Pikachu might be cute but... Give him a chance at some point and evolve him buddy!!! :P

But seriously I'll keep Raichu lv. X for the list. You can't say no to a second attack after all :)

Years
  • I know at least 2 players uses mewtwo ex (sadly) but it's really out of price for me. I might have a 100$ to spend on this. I think I have most basics, probably not in all version, but that's about it. An electric deck would be kinda fun by reprensenting the early years of Ash. If you would make a deck with these conditions AND add the condition: "The deck must look like Ash's rooster from the first season", what would it look like? :P

It wouldn't really competitive but I think I'd get more points out of it. Of course adding Raichu would be important, Pikachu might be cute but... Give him a chance at some point and evolve him buddy!!! :P

But seriously I'll keep Raichu lv. X for the list. You can't say no to a second attack after all :)

The best 2 Raichu out there are the 2 I mentioned. The 3rd best is Raichu Prime from HGSS Undaunted, but that's only 3rd because it only does 20 more damage than the Raichu from HGSS but needs 1 more energy to do it. Those 3 Raichu need a lot of discarding. You'll probably want to run a lot of Energy Retrieval, as well, and some Roseanne's Research, too, if you focus on Raichu.

As for one of Ash's team, just thinking of what that would look like is giving me headaches about how horrible it would be and how poorly it would run. For fully evolved forms, you've got Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Raichu, Pidgeot, and Primeape (this last one here could be so many different Pokemon), so that's 5 different energy types needed right there. No way to really run that anywhere close to competitively.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I guess the best way to go without getting some mewtwo would be to go against his type. I really don't know much about the cards so... What would perform best against him following the main criteria?

Back