• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some help on Pokemon Essentials

Years
  • I've been working on a Pokémon Essentials project actually and today i've faced a annoying problem, the background bases doesn't change, i already changed the map metadata, renamed the backgrounds and battlebacks, nothing works, the background changes to desired, but the bases keeps the grass bases. The problem should be something very simple, but i can't see it, can someone help me?

Days
    • Seen today
    The problem is the tag that grass has. Just like water. Every time you battle while on a tile that has the terrain tag 2, grass, it will have this base. Which kinda sucks right now because I'm myself searching for a way to get a different base, while keeping the ability to battle in that grass xD

Days
    • Seen today
    Alright. I figured it out I think. I added a new environment and a new terrain tag. If you search in the scrips, hardcoded data for terrain tags and environments, you can copy paste an already existing script and edit it how you want it. You can also define the base there ( :battle_base => "FairyGrass" <- name of the base you want to use, in your folder) I did a few things, but I think this is what made it work for me :D

Back