• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need to go Above Level 100; Need to Transmograte.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    SBaby said:
    You not only just contradicted yourself, but you also proved my case. Once people reach Level 100, they just quit. That's because there's nothing left to do afterwards. Elites gone, Legendaries gone, what's left? Just restart the game from the beginning? Yeah right...

With my idea, you would still have something to work for. You could go into the optional areas and face the level 1000 Pokemon, or increase the level of the enemies via new options. Then, you could Transmigrate once you reached a happy level. (A note on this, Transmigrating only increases your growth rate. It doesn't carry over the stats.)

And let me tell you, it works. This is the reason why Disgaea is THE MOST POPULAR Tactics RPG in Japan. You can look it up for yourself if you want. It's true.

And what are we supposed to do when you all ready reached level 1000? It's the same as reaching level One Hundred, right? And what's the use of Transmigrating? Go to level one, gain power? How the heck are you gonna gain power when your Pokemon stats have reached their limit? And every other game has an beginning, middle and end.

For everything there is a limit, or so it was said.

Plus, how do you know that the game you mentioned is the MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN?

Sure, one game would go to infinite level. But another doesn't. If this Going to level 1000 and Transfiguration ever came to truth, then Pokemon would be disgraced. A humilation to the world of RPG and Strategy. A shame for Sotashi Tajiri and his mates in the Part of Nintendo he works on. >>;

People'd quit Before they reach a good level. Plus, everyone would believe the fact that POKeMON would be nothing but a copycat. A repeated idea done in one of the most unique games ever. Pokemon is better than any game that I'd ever seen, without level one hundreds or above POKeMON.

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Hmm, I agree on this idea, but in a weird way, because as some people said, lv.100 is more than enough for a Pok?mon to go, but when you have your Pok?mon at level 100, you feel like one should shoot up to level 101, and gain more HP, I like lots of HP.

But that would take a lot of time because it gets longer for each level, and then there would be cheaters who get 99x Rare Candies, that would take a non-cheating person about 2 months to get a Pok?mon to level 200 =o

And if the multiplayer has the max level of 200 (I'm using 200 as an example, you'd die of old age if it was 1000 or something silly like that) they might want to breed, and then you'd have to bring up the baby all the way to level 200 just because you're rival has the maxed level for his/her Pok?mon.

Mind you saying that by the time you have a full squad of 6 Pok?mon Emerald would have come out in the UK ;O

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    You not only just contradicted yourself, but you also proved my case. Once people reach Level 100, they just quit. That's because there's nothing left to do afterwards. Elites gone, Legendaries gone, what's left? Just restart the game from the beginning? Yeah right...

With my idea, you would still have something to work for. You could go into the optional areas and face the level 1000 Pokemon, or increase the level of the enemies via new options. Then, you could Transmigrate once you reached a happy level. (A note on this, Transmigrating only increases your growth rate. It doesn't carry over the stats.)

And let me tell you, it works. This is the reason why Disgaea is THE MOST POPULAR Tactics RPG in Japan. You can look it up for yourself if you want. It's true.
    -_-

Do you know WHY people stop when they've trained all their Pok?mon to level 100? Exactly because then only infinity is left - you can go on and battle, battle, battle, but nobody would ever actually do that, because there is no point to any of it anymore.

OK, I'll define "beating the game" as basically reaching the point at which there is only infinity left. With your idea, the game would be beat as soon as you've caught the legendaries. As it is now, you will, even after catching the legendaries, have the opportunity to get your Pok?mon up to level 100. Give me a single reason why I would bother leveling up and "transmigrating" once I've gotten those level 1000 legendaries of yours. If your point is that training to level 1000 takes longer than training to level 100, you could as well just put 1000 as the maximum level, but that doesn't change that infinite levels butcher the replay value the game could have had simply with a heightened max level.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • The thing is, they'd need to come out with some brand new battling and coding system to make Pokemon able to go past level 255. With the current coding, the highest a Pokemon can go (with cheating past level 100) is 255 because that is as high as numbers can go in hex (they managed a work around to get over 255 Pokemon, but they had to change a lot of their coding techniques and such).

Overall: Too much trouble for them, they probably wont do it anytime soon.

Dragonfree

Years
  • Umm... that doesn't change the 'coding techniques'. All they'd need to do is add a digit to the variable, so instead of having a maximum of FF, it would have a maximum of FFF. Or, if they feel like making it higher than that, a maximum of FFFF or FFFFF.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Dragonfree said:
    Umm... that doesn't change the 'coding techniques'. All they'd need to do is add a digit to the variable, so instead of having a maximum of FF, it would have a maximum of FFF. Or, if they feel like making it higher than that, a maximum of FFFF or FFFFF.
    Yes it does, hex is in blocks of two digits (ie: [a3] [f2] ) FFF is not a block of two. Yes, in theory they could make it FF FF, but that would change the way they code. For wild and trainer's Pokemon, they use different hex for level 10 for a Pokemon less then 255 and greater then 255, so having more then one block for level or levels above about 127 would ruin that style.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Dragonfree said:
    Umm... that doesn't change the 'coding techniques'. All they'd need to do is add a digit to the variable, so instead of having a maximum of FF, it would have a maximum of FFF. Or, if they feel like making it higher than that, a maximum of FFFF or FFFFF.
    *Does not remember somthing like that when I was learning hex* Have you had any experince with games and thier engines? Most likeley not.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    A note on Hex: FFFF is 65535 (skipping the first number as all Hex does), while FF is 255, so if they were using 16-bit Hex, they could just go up to FF to get Pokemon Levels up to 255. Anything above that would require more than 2 quantity digits. The easiest way to show Hex is to use Gameshark as an example.

PS1 Gameshark Hex:

00000000* 0000**

* The first set of numbers indicates what is being affected, whether it be an Event, or a set of numbers in the game. This is the part you want to look at if you are trying to create codes, for instance.

** The second set of numbers is called the Quantity Digits. This affects what the affected variable will change into, depending on what is being affected. For instance, if you want level 100 Pokemon, you would have 0064. As I said before, the first number in hex is always skipped over. Anyway, 16-bit Hex would look like that in a nutshell.

I don't know if the PS2 Gamesharks work that way or not, yet...

What Dragonfree was trying to say, and I do understand his point is that people with short attention spans are likely to just beat the game and quit. But, people like me who are looking for replay value in a game would welcome this change, since Pokemon has very little right now, with the exception of catching every creature in the game.

This would add replay value as well as enable players to fight uber-level bosses. Plus, you could get uber-items in the games as well.

It's simply a win-win scenario no matter how many times you look at it. As for the rest, see my above posts.

Asher asked what would happen if the stat limit is reached.

Reaching 99,999,999 in all of your stats would indeed be a tremendous feat, that would require you to transmigrate hundreds of times. It'd be a neat trick to pull off in a single lifetime... Only 149 Pokemon to go...

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Years
  • I'm a girl, and what I was saying was that the replay value is BETTER when there is a maximum level than if you can level up and transmigrate forever, because no matter what you do, it always adds to the replay value if you have an additional goal of reaching the maximum level.

And if Pok?mon could reach 99,999,999 in all of their stats, say good bye to EVERY LAST BIT of strategy in the whole game. -_-

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Congratulations, you've reached 99,999,999 in one of your stats. Either, you obviously cheated, or are some kind of robot. With an indefinate lifespan.

You will NOT be able to get that high quickly. As I said before, the 9999 level limit just makes the games less redundant, which people often complain about the games being.

Dragonfree

Years
  • What you seem to be missing is that Pok?mon is more of a strategy game than an RPG. People would rather generate teams to use in an online battle simulator than play the game for many years achieving nothing.

The mere POSSIBILITY of 99,999,999 in all stats wrecks that, because it would mean that people would battle online with Pok?mon that have 99,999,999 in all stats and are level 9999 (assuming that's the "maximum" level if you don't transmigrate).

That would mean that stats could as well not exist; stat boosters wouldn't work, since 99,999,999 would presumably be the absolute maximum, and 99,999,999 Attack would cancel out 99,999,999 Defense and so on. Who goes first would be completely random except in the case of first strike attacks. All battles would therefore simply involve Pok?mon randomly attacking each other with attacks that are probably approximately equal in power, the result depending purely on the type weaknesses and resistances. Congratulations, you've just invented a slightly advanced version of Rock - Paper - Scissors, where you have 386 possibilities, some of them admittedly identical, of which a selected few with the largest movepools and best type combinations are just plain better than others.

Talk about dull.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Getting to Level 9999 the first time might bring one or two of your stats to the 6-figure numbers if you're lucky, given Pokemon's growth rate (Level 100 brings them to between 300 and 400, if I recall right).

The only way to get them to those horrendously huge figures will be to Transmigrate many, many, many times.

Let me give you a better example. We'll just use Strength as an example.

Lv. 1 = 18

Lv. 100= 355

Ok? Now, let's take a look at what the Transmigrated Strength would be.

Lv. 1 = 28

Lv. 100 = 750

That is what Transmigrating looks like. You DON'T retain your stats, just increase the growth rate. That's where the stats come from.

I thought up this topic after reading 'Is Pokemon Getting Too Redundant?'. I think it is, and this would remove alot of it. Especially the side-quests that I mentioned earlier. It just opens up new possibilities... Plus, if you have the item that divides experience among all your Pokemon, you could take a Lv. 1000 Pokemon into an area he's good in and the Lv. 1 noobs that you have could gain 50 levels in a fight.

See, it's not THAT slow-paced... But, getting the max stats of just ONE Pokemon could literally take you years to do, even if you play it regularly.

Dragonfree: If Pokemon is more of a Strategy game than an RPG, then why don't they just make it into a Tactics engine? Wait! Ichi did that, and he was the original inventor of the uber-levels. Hmm... Maybe that WOULD be a good idea after all... I never thought about that...

Oh, and dull? Isn't that the way it is NOW? When you get to Lv. 100, it becomes the rock-paper-scissors thing that you mentioned earlier, anyway, so why not make it harder to get the max Level?

Oh, and play Disgaea! That has the perfect example of what I'm talking about. It will give you a good idea of what these systems look like in action.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Years
  • Look.

Level 100 is NOT a rock - paper - scissors, that's the point. And that is EXACTLY BECAUSE ALL POK?MON HAVE DIFFERENT STATS. Exactly BECAUSE there is no transmigration, no way to get any higher than a certain maximum that's usually somewhere from 150-350, the actual maximum varying both with species, individuals and the way they're trained. Then, of course, it can play a major role if your Pok?mon can use moves such as Swords Dance or Iron Defense to raise the stats in battle. That's variety. That's strategy. That's Pok?mon.

The fun of Pok?mon after getting to level 100 is the competitive battling, linking up with friends (or using an online battle simulator) to battle and playing Pok?mon as a strategy game instead of an RPG. Sure, go ahead and lengthen the RPG part, but if it never ends, you'll have to go on and on, and never get to the strategy part because you need to go on in the RPG part to stand a chance in the strategic part.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    But, your stat-enhancing attacks would still raise your stats. It would be a percentage of the total, like it is now. Plus, who's going to spend that long to get the Pokemon up that high? Just getting their HP up to 10,000,000 will take a long time to do, and getting the other base Stats up to even 1,000,000 will take equally as long, as they don't increase as fast.

As I've said before, A Pokemon with 99,999,999: Congratulations. You've just used a Gameshark, or are now ten years older than when you first started playing this game.

My point, you will STILL have strategy involved in it. It's just going to be more interesting.

Fighting Lv. 100 vs Lv. 100 gets boring after awhile, and there's no more room to grow. With this system, there is just alot more replay value in Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 5, 2005
    Ok, first off i like the idea. Second, it culd use some modifications though.
    -9999 seems extremelly high, i'de go for more like 200 or 300
    -You should have to make it so you have to choose to Transmigrate, insteed of it automaticlly happening.
    -I think it would be cool to have "new game +" that uses the transmigrate thing and once you beat the e4 and have at least one maxed out pkmn you could access it, though you would probally want to get more than one maxed so you can have more stronger pkmn.

Things other people are not understanding:
    -After you get to level 100 their should still be more for you to do in the game, i'm usually at lvl 100 around when i get to the e4... And I don't catch pokemon to collect them all during the process of gyms and elite 4, i do that after the e4, adds more play time. Most people I know do this and they really get feed up of being lvl 100 forever. Your still battaling and gaining exp, so yuo should still level. Plus in the new pokemon games their is more to do after the E4(islands, legendarys) and they will probally do that when they come out with new games. Then i know i did a lot of battles against other people after the e4 and lvl 100 got boring.
    -It wouldn't effect the people who don't want it.... Just stop frickin' playing the game at lvl 100 then and never pick it up again, waste you hard earned money(if that really is what you have, seeing as the majority are wasting your parents hard earned money... no offense)

Airiesca

Newb Rom Hacker
    Years
  • This idea really needs a tweak or two...
    First off lvl 9999 is way too much. you woulden't reach that in a lifetime. maybe lvl 255 (still would take forever)
    Second. They could make it where after you have beaten the game you have the option of starting over the game but having it be harder. like make your stats maximum go a lil higher but the gym leaders have higher lvl pokemon. as for Transmorgration. it would be pointless. like it was said above. it would not make it where a lvl 1 could kill a lvl 100. it's all just the difference in Hp. like 10 damage out of 20 hp to 10 damage out of 200 Hp.

Dragonfree

Years
  • SBaby said:
    But, your stat-enhancing attacks would still raise your stats. It would be a percentage of the total, like it is now. Plus, who's going to spend that long to get the Pokemon up that high? Just getting their HP up to 10,000,000 will take a long time to do, and getting the other base Stats up to even 1,000,000 will take equally as long, as they don't increase as fast.

As I've said before, A Pokemon with 99,999,999: Congratulations. You've just used a Gameshark, or are now ten years older than when you first started playing this game.

My point, you will STILL have strategy involved in it. It's just going to be more interesting.

Fighting Lv. 100 vs Lv. 100 gets boring after awhile, and there's no more room to grow. With this system, there is just alot more replay value in Pokemon.
    Who wins isn't supposed to be a matter of your luck in getting IVs or how long you've owned the game and had time to play it; it's supposed to be a matter of who's a better battler. When level 100 is the maximum, people can raise their Pok?mon to level 100 and catch up with other people. When there is just transmigration which always results in more and more powerful Pok?mon, there will be nothing to catch up to, and therefore the game would always be uneven.

Also, the attacking Pok?mon's level itself directly affects the damage formula, so a level 1000 Pok?mon, even with the exact same stats through transmigration, would be dead to a level 9999.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, but that's what makes it fun. Plus, the higher your level is when you Transmigrate, the greater your Growth Rate will be. So, a transmigrated Level 1000, would actually be closer to a regular Level 2500 rather than a Level 9999.

Another thing, if you REALLY made it like a Tactics game, the terrain would also affect who wins or loses, as it has been shown on the Anime that most Pokemon are better on certain terrains and worse on others.

Vagabond Aeon

The Last In Line
    Years
  • See, this is why we have programs like Netbattle. Takes the hassle out of having to level up your Pokemon and lets you get to the meat of the game - battling.

Also, about this "transmigrated" idea, the only thing it would do is make stall teams harder to beat. Trust me, they don't need to be getting any harder.

Back