• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Need your Suggestions.........

Years
    Hey guys,
    Hope u doin fine............
    I want to create a rom with all region that are ever known in Pokemon History.....
    Jhoto, Kanto, Hoenn........Everything ..........Even the TCG specific regions.........
    Don't worry about the maps I'll manage them.....
    Definitely will need some help in scripting........

So, the questions are ..........
    is it possible..........?
    Some told me Yes, and some told no...........
    I want to be 100% sure before I start work.....

Which platform will be more easy to hack ?
    NDS or GBA

Are there people who can help me if I stuck somewhere......?
    Please name them................

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Threads like this one belong in the Beginner's Lounge section.

Thread moved.

Last edited:

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    While technically yes possible, you would have to use a NDS rom which is not as easy to hack as the GBA.You also would need to trim down the regions to fit every one of them in.

Years
    Hey Gerald,
    Thanx for replying.........
    But isn't it possible to somehow increase size of rom so that it can include the whole regions.......
    Assuming the meaning of trim as I have to decrease size of Routs and town, it would be less interactive, don't you think so...?

Years
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=212492

As you can see in this thread, it's very difficult to being near impossible to add the amount of map names you would need to include every single region. Not to mention, that's a huge undertaking even if it were possible simply from a time and motivation viewpoint. I would particularly discourage trying something so ambitious if you've never even made a hack before, and I mean that in the nicest way possible: start small, learn what you can and can't do, and then gradually add more and more stuff.

That way, you constantly have new content you can add as your skills increase and you aren't left repeatedly disappointed at the outcome.

Alternatively, you could turn to game development, as opposed to ROM hacking, and create this multi-region Pokémon game in RPG Maker, though I'd still advise against it.

Years
    Spherical Ice,

Hey are you saying that making multi region game in RPG Maker is more convenient than a rom hack.

Thanx for advice..........

Years
    I'm planning to start with one region and then keep adding with another regions and events.
    Don't know about the time but I'm willing to work .......

Last edited:
    Back