• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

neewb asking questions!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2014
    Hello everyone, how are you all ?
    I am new to pokemon TCG, and got some questions! first: iam sure these questions have been asked many times, i have tried to google and find answers my self. But in many cases i cant seem to find the right answer.
    So question one: This seasons of cards 2015 which we are using now ? on the Pokemon TCG online game, these are the newest ones ?

Questions 2: My GF and I have found a intrest in this game some howe, and before we spend alot of money buying cards etc, how long is this season gonna last? is there a hole new of sett of cards coming after xmas ?
    Cos the rule is" u cant use old cards in the new sets when u play the game" ?

Regards: Xtorius

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Hello Xtorius! I moved your thread to the TCG forum, so no need for deletion :D

Ok, I'll try my best to answer your questions:

1. I believe the current 2015 format includes all sets released after, but not including, Dragons Exalted. All of the Team Plasma sets and all of the XY sets are included in the current 2015 format.

2. The next rotation will probably occur around August/September 2015, and that rotation will probably exclude some of the older Black and White Plasma sets. All of the XY sets should be safe.

No guarantees that my answers are correct, but there are other members who will post in this thread with correct answers :D

Years
    Just popping in to say that Wobbu is correct on both points.

Though there are two formats this year, the second being added when the last rotation happened back on September 3rd, 2014. One is Standard, which is the format Wobbu describes. The other is called Extended, and it includes Black & White and all sets newer than it.

Back