• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Net Battle Server

Trainer BlAzE

^^ Net Nun ^^
    Years
    Hi,
    Although I'm new to this website, i was wondering if you guys running the show would consider making a NetBattle server? As I'm sure some of the people on here fight on NB it could be a good place to advertise the forums/ have some fun etc.
    Just a suggestion...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    How does one set up a Netbattle server? o_o I'm...very, very uneducated in that field, so I really have no idea. If it's too server-exhaustive, though, it's out of the question since we're already having problems as it is. x_x

Trainer BlAzE

^^ Net Nun ^^
    Years
    It wouldn't use up any "memory" used by the server. the only thing it would share is the name :P A NB server is basically run of a voulnteers computer and the only thing it would have to do with the actual PC website is that they would share the same name :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I see...would we physically have to do anything, though? o_O If not, I think it sounds like a good idea.

Trainer BlAzE

^^ Net Nun ^^
    Years
    lol don't worry you wouldn't have to lift a finger *coughlazycough* :P:P
    i could try to set it up and run it if you want, or you could choose a more senior member of the comunity? i don't mind :)

Trainer BlAzE

^^ Net Nun ^^
    Years
    The only thing i really require is permission :P All i would do is call the server Pok? Community and have a link to the forums at the top when ppl enter

Years
    Heh... tch, I've been running a NetBattle server called TeamCharizard for over a month now. It uses 'bout 8 Megs of memory and very little bandwidth, so browsing the internet or playing games whilst at it, just so long as I don't download stuff, which slows it down... an' I download alot, so that's why ppl don't stay on it too long. XD

Years
    Great ideea, tch, plus it could very well be done with tha same server that ya use for PC, since it already works fine on dialup as I found out it should have no trouble whatsoever on a 100Mbps connection. ^^;;

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    If it doesn't affect the server - like Erica, I'm uneducated in these things - it'd truly be a PC Netbattle server, as Steve said. I like that idea =D

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
    I fully agree even though i rarely go to NB for a while.Im sick of people using ubers XD
    Anyway i think it would be a good idea if it doesnt affect the server.However,on that uber speed,it should work with no problems.

Years
    well I rarely use netbattle and I think a pc server would really be a good idea and trainer blaze well done on that Idea

Myuureon

*zoom*
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 20, 2006
    Yeah, i own a netbattle server.If anybody would host it, keep it up 24/7 (Meaning don't log off or turn off your comp)That way, PC's NB Server could get more visitors :D

Back