• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Forget 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    It makes me cry.

in honor to Americans this is for you

Spoiler:

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Yes, I was only 5 years old when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened. Everyone in my school had to go home and my mom had it on. It was a sad, sad tragedy. I look back to that day. I am now 14 and I will never forget what had happened on that date. Heck, my grandfather was at the Pearl Harbor Bombings and he was was drafted into the war. He fought in Okinawa. I even asked him about the Pearl Harbor Bombings.

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
  • I remember that it was 1st Grade, and I think they displayed it at the school, although my sister's school (she was at the middle school of the district) freaked out and wouldnt let students watch it. I, the 1st grader was told that bad people killed themselves and many others by crashing the planes, when my sister was told that the plane was flying too low on accident and accidentally hit the towers (this was after if was confirmed terrorist attack). I might not be remembering correctly, it was so long ago.
    I think it is terrible the social effect it has caused, making so many Americans have such a terrible hatred for Islam.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I was only 5 when this happened, so I didn't know really what was going on. I just knew lots of people died. Now that I'm older, I understand what happened, and I still tear up about it now :(. I feel very sorry for people who died :'(.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • I was 5 months,5 Days old,And I wasn't there.I was in London.But I'm Seriously Changed By it.I was only told about 10 days ago.And,about 45% of all my family live in America.
    God Bless the Survivors,And God Bless the families of those that did Not Survive.
    Please,Say a Prayer that this will never happen again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    Yeah I remember that terrible day. I always pray to God for the Rest of Peace of all those American's who had died in bad Accident.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Although I'm from Japan, I'm really pissed when I heard that this thing happened.
    I was only 4 years old at that time. I didn't know what happened.
    I only know that some planes flew and crashed a building.

But now, when I think about it again, I was like, "F*** those terrorists!"
    How can they be so cruel?! Americans are awesome! Why, oh, WHY?!'
    May those Americans who died on that day rest in peace.

Extra piece of information:
    Originally, in the game GTA III, Rockstar planned to have a mission where you drive a plane and crash into a person's building. But due to 9/11, this mission has been cancelled.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • Bin Laden will be found one day, and then he'll be brought to justice. Countless numbers of innocent people died under his attacks. My respect goes to the survivors of 9/11 for their courage and patriotism, and to the military for keeping our country safe from further attacks.

One day, Al Qaeda will pay the ultimate price for its crimes.

CounterattackDreamer

Impetuous and silly
    Years
  • I mean, i would would like it if everyone at least tried to care about others misfortunes, regardless of nationality or religion or orientation. A little empathy goes a long way.
    ^ This.

Anyway, I actually found out about it when they started using it as a day of remembrance rather on the day itself -- which is silly, because I'm an American... but I guess it's because I simply don't watch the news, mostly because I can't understand half of what they're talking about on there. I found out about it through a school system instead.

Although I know absolutely none of the victims, it is definitely truly tragic that people have had to have their lives cut short (and for those who might've survived, to have their lives impaired with haunting memories of what had happened -- as well as to those who witnessed it firsthand). May the lying rest in peace, and may the others still dream of a great future.

I'm not even going to get into the argument that has been going on in this thread. All I'm going to say in the matter is: I may not remember and/or hear of the events that occur, but I do empathize for those who have lost their lives and families due to any tragic event, whether it be a simple murder case or a genocide. I do care, and although I find myself unable to help anyone in a major way, I definitely would help as much as I could if I could.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back