• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never Grow Up?

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
  • OK so pokemon anime has been around for about 10 years now, I dont know how long so its a guess but I know I watched it ( still do ) when I was 5 - 6ish.

Ash has never grown up, never celebrated a birthday, now unless he is doing a lap of the pokemon world in less than a YEAR there is no way this will work for long.

I think at some point he will have to go. He will be replaced and A new kid will come along.

What I think is for all the new regions they should have a new hero

E.g

Kanto - Gary
    Hoenn - Steven
    Isshu - Iris

They are PURE EXAMPLES but don't have Ash anymore, we know he is signature to Pokemon but a lot of people really want him to age just a bit. It would be nice to see a different kid ( with a less squeakier voice ) to travel along a region on his journey

Discuss

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • I really don't like the non-aging thing neither

But in the third short movie, Ash celebrated the day he met Pikachu.
    So Ash is at least 11 years old...

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I never liked Ash. He's not cute, his voice is annoying and he has no personnality in my opinion. Swapping him with a new hero is fine by me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What I don't like about Ash is that he never seems to age. Given that the anime has been going on for over 10 years, in anime time, Ash has been on his journey for less than a year.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    How impossible it may be, that's how the Pokemon anime goes. I wouldn't like it if Ash goes, though. Age doesn't matter anyways. >.>

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    I do not like this fact either. At the beginning of the Black and White arc of the anime it stated that he was only 12 years old. So he has gone all through the Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions in roughly 2 years? Does he have some kind of teleporting ability?

I just makes no sense.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What I seriously don't get is why they won't bother letting him grow. I know it may be because of the whole starting a new journey like in the games. But seriously, in the Isshu games the protagonists are much older than in the pervious games. But honestly it doesn't really show any sense of Maturity in Ash at all.

I don't see why we don't just get a grand spanking new protagonist for the show!

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I do not like this fact either. At the beginning of the Black and White arc of the anime it stated that he was only 12 years old. So he has gone all through the Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions in roughly 2 years? Does he have some kind of teleporting ability?

I just makes no sense.

I don't recall the anime/posters ever saying Ash was 12 in Black and White? He's 10 LOL. I assume its only been months since Ash started his journey if you want to try to make sense of ages in this seriesXD Any ways, I just try to ignore the problem. If you want him gone I don't think that's going to happen, games/anime is bigger than ever so unless it starts to slip mainly in the money they won't replace him. Why replace some thing that's working? Besides, than they'd have to restart all over again any ways and add a new storyline, new characters blah blah blah this is the best way for them. I'm glad he won't be replaced, he's one of my favorite characters. Funny thing is, in polls that ask who's your least favorite character or who's your favorite character he's always in the lead in both LOL.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I think the non-aging thing is annoying. I would like to see him age. But, I don't think they'll replace him.

Years
  • At the end of one of the seasons, Ash..or Brock..or someone..said that they have been travelling for a YEAR.
    That would make each season a year. But that can't be, because Ash would be about 20 XD

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • What's with all these "ASH SHOULD AGE!!!11!" topics? Learn to read the other threads, people. Ash is 10, and he won't be aging any time soon.

The Pokemon anime is geared towards new fans, not the old farts like us, or at least, me. Bro, they won't replace Ash. He will never age. This has been established. They're recycling the Token Female/Navigator Dude/Ash because it works. Why bother spending time and effort on something that gains new fans and proffitz every year?

Iris should be the hero of Isshu? Even if it's an example, it's a disgrace. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks she's f***ing annoying. If she had her in-game personality, then great, it'd be cute and all. If anybody, it should be Dento. He can add another flavour to the series; the exploration of Pokemon Sommelier-hood. Then again, I think Dento is a legend, so I'm definitely biased.

I never liked Ash. He's not cute, his voice is annoying and he has no personnality in my opinion. Swapping him with a new hero is fine by me.

*Nods*

What I seriously don't get is why they won't bother letting him grow. I know it may be because of the whole starting a new journey like in the games. But seriously, in the Isshu games the protagonists are much older than in the pervious games. But honestly it doesn't really show any sense of Maturity in Ash at all.

I personally want to see growth, but by now Ash should be a Pokemon-Training GOD. He would just waste everyone he came across. That wouldn't be very entertaining.

Ash is one of the biggest icons of the Pokemon franchise and possibly anime itself. He's practically the human mascot, every Pokemon fan knows who he is.

This, too. The anime is an excellent marketing tool. Removing Ash would almost be like "NO MARIO FOR NINTENDO!"

Ash is actually 18 now. He uses Aging Cream to make him look like he's 10-11.

I hear Ash will be advertising this in Japan soon. Ash Kethum, 38203820 years old: "I swear by this memory-reseting, n00b-ifying creme! My training abilities drop every so often, but I'm still a popular shota icon!"

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • nah !! it would be kinds stupid for GF to change the hero. If most people got too stuck onto one of the heroes, he would leave the anime as soon as that hero did !!

Back