• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New 3DS Cover Plates

rawcomrade91

Check out my reviews at SwitchJoy.net
Years
  • What are some of the coolest New 3ds cover plates you've seen? Have you bought any plates for your system, or do you not care?

I recently upgraded from my original 3DS XL to the Black Super Mario edition New 3DS they had on sale on Black Friday. The plates it comes with are cool, but I'm looking into swapping them out. I don't particularly care for any of the official Pokémon plates that have come out, except for this one:

latest

But I feel like the colors would clash with the black on the rest of the system. Does anyone know of perhaps an Etsy shop or someplace that has custom cover plates? I can't find any Sun/Moon plates, or any plates that I think otherwise would work well with the black of my system. These Monster Hunter cover plates look cool, but I'm not into MH.

Thanks!

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I can't find these ANYWHERE in my city :( I'm gonna have to order them online, but these are the ones I'm thinking about buying:
    Spoiler:

They're glow in the dark, too. I've seen some pretty sweet ones but apparently they're super rare so idk if I'll get a chance to grab them. I haven't seen any Sun/Moon ones yet though but I'll keep my eyes open!

rawcomrade91

Years
  • Oh that one's really cool! And the glow in the dark bit sounds interesting...might have to pick those up if I can find them!

Yeah, I don't really see cover plates in stores near me either, and I'm in a fairly large, populated area. Many of them even appear to be scarce online. Maybe they weren't as popular as Nintendo was hoping?

Years
  • Oh my god New 3DS cover plates!! I wanted the N3DS for the size (small girly hands), but got addicted to the plates too. I own too many. Luckily I got the ones I really wanted, so I haven't bought any recently.

My favorite ones are my Boo plates and my Hanafuda plates.
    I got suuuuuper lucky and picked up the Boo plates the one time the Nintendo of America online store posted them.

The ones I own:
    • ORAS transparent plates
    • Pokemon RBG sprite plates
    • Boo plates
    • Mario white embossed plates
    • Mario Hanafuda plates
    • Super Smash Bros plates
    • Animal Crossing HHD plates
    • Animal Crossing faces plates
    • Colorful Star plates
    • Pink/yellow star plates
    • New Style Boutique plates -- they kinda look like a nice stylish wallet?
    • Blastoise plates -- my roommate has the Pokemon 20th Anniversary N3DS and lets me keep them ;)

Here's a picture of all of them. The embossed details of the Mario plates don't come up on camera except in certain conditions.

I also technically have Isabelle plates. I got the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer N3DS when it came out in North America. Isabelle plates weren't really my thing so I tried to spraypaint them... it didn't work out.

I can't find these ANYWHERE in my city :( I'm gonna have to order them online, but these are the ones I'm thinking about buying:
    Spoiler:

They're glow in the dark, too. I've seen some pretty sweet ones but apparently they're super rare so idk if I'll get a chance to grab them. I haven't seen any Sun/Moon ones yet though but I'll keep my eyes open!

Good luck getting them online, they are horrendously expensive. :( It's really a shame, because they're awesome plates.

Does anyone know of perhaps an Etsy shop or someplace that has custom cover plates? I can't find any Sun/Moon plates, or any plates that I think otherwise would work well with the black of my system. These Monster Hunter cover plates look cool, but I'm not into MH.

Thanks!

People on /r/3DS have had luck with NekoNinjaStore on Etsy. Maybe look there if you haven't already?

rawcomrade91

Years
  • People on /r/3DS have had luck with NekoNinjaStore on Etsy. Maybe look there if you haven't already?

Oh no way! I hadn't seen them before, though I had searched Etsy. Apparently this particular product is one where you can have them print a custom design...I will definitely have to contact them about that. Thank you so much for the tip!

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • My favorite ones are my Boo plates and my Hanafuda plates.
    I got suuuuuper lucky and picked up the Boo plates the one time the Nintendo of America online store posted them.

The ones I own:
    • ORAS transparent plates
    • Pokemon RBG sprite plates
    • Boo plates
    • Mario white embossed plates
    • Mario Hanafuda plates
    • Super Smash Bros plates
    • Animal Crossing HHD plates
    • Animal Crossing faces plates
    • Colorful Star plates
    • Pink/yellow star plates
    • New Style Boutique plates -- they kinda look like a nice stylish wallet?
    • Blastoise plates -- my roommate has the Pokemon 20th Anniversary N3DS and lets me keep them ;)

Here's a picture of all of them. The embossed details of the Mario plates don't come up on camera except in certain conditions.

Wow I am so jealous of this :(

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I wasn't aware that there are custom made ones online so I'll keep those in mid the next time I'll change them.

I only have the Animal Crossing HHD plate. I haven't played the games but like the design.

Back