• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New characters for B2/W2

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    In each third version there has been a new character added
    Gen 1: Jessy and James (Yellow...if you count them if not then since Gen II)
    Gen 2: Eusine (Crystal, Suicune maniac)
    Gen 3: Scott and Juan (Emerald, Battle watching maniac, and Contest enthusiastist/gym leader )
    Gen 4: Looker and Charon/Pluto (Platinum, clumsy detective/police and Mad scientist respectively)
    Gen 5:?? (Grey (?), ?)
    So do you think the third game will continue the pattern? And if so how many new characters do you think they'll add? (lately it's been two with the exception of Crystal). Also if they do make new character, how much of a role do you expect them to play? And finally, what type of character would you like to see added? Another maniac perhaps? or an Antagonist?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Kris says hi(she may not be a character you interact with like Lyra from what I remember but she is a new playable character none the less). Also if I recall correctly Frontier Brains Thorton, Dahlia, Darach/Caitlin, Argenta weren't introduced until Plat. Whereas Palmer was already there in DP.

As far as new additions I honestly have no idea. I'd like more elaboration on the characters we already have then throwing another one in the mix. Give me more background on them and I am fine I don't need any more new characters. Maybe they can have someone else that opposes in. Or is the polar opposite of N and treats pokemon like garbage and is sort of N rival so there is a conflict there as well. It would be cool if we had a character that is a bridge between maybe this generation and Gen VI that comes at the behest of Alder of the Unova League since Alder was out roaming about.

Years
    Oh forgot about those...
    A rival to N sounds great, it could add something interesting to the antagonist, as no other since Maxie and Archie have had rivals (each other). He would bring back the silver aspect to the games...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yeah that was was I was thinking, the guy doesn't fit into a Team aspect per say and is a lone wolf, the person would be a blend between Silver and Paul. If they wanted they could make it a small group like the sub group with Hunter J. But if a rival to N was injected into the game I would be curious to see how it would effect the relationship between the player and N. I just hope they don't do something lame and just promote Drayden to Champ and let Alder play a Steven role except pro active and have him roam around like usual.

Years
    Yeah...I also wonder if they will replace Drayden and Iris with a teenager gymleader character to show the middle route...as opposed to Wallance who was replaced by an older guy.
    Maybe the rival could be someone within Plasma, maybe he could be Ghetsis real son, and true heir to Plasma...once N is out of the way, wow what a twist that would be...
    I also imagine them adding new frontier member's...hopefully they'll give them some roles like they do with the leaders, only post game.
    I'm kind of hoping for a new female leader...not counting Kris/Lyra, and the female frontier brains, non of the new characters since yellow have been girl's...she could be N's rival...heck she could be given the position of Plasma's Quenn (just by name, not like she's married to N or anything)...our first true antagonistic female...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Or is the polar opposite of N and treats pokemon like garbage and is sort of N rival so there is a conflict there as well.

Noooo, I like N as he is, alone and all. I'd say Ghetsis is the match for him and I think that could be played upon more in the third game, rather than adding another character.

Yeah...I also wonder if they will replace Drayden and Iris with a teenager gymleader character to show the middle route...as opposed to Wallance who was replaced by an older guy.
    Maybe the rival could be someone within Plasma, maybe he could be Ghetsis real son, and true heir to Plasma...once N is out of the way, wow what a twist that would be...
    I also imagine them adding new frontier member's...hopefully they'll give them some roles like they do with the leaders, only post game.
    I'm kind of hoping for a new female leader...not counting Kris/Lyra, and the female frontier brains, non of the new characters since yellow have been girl's...she could be N's rival...heck she could be given the position of Plasma's Quenn (just by name, not like she's married to N or anything)...our first true antagonistic female...

Hmmm nah, I think Iris/Drayden will stay. If anyone goes for a younger character, it's Brycen lool. Since he's so forgettable, nobody would care if he's replaced.

Plasma's queen? Well... Concordia could always marry Ghetsis or something and be a major ring-leader. Maybe introduce a daughter for her or something though and that's where a mini-rival could be. Maybe she starts out nice, and turns bad in the end, sorta opposite to N w/o being a rival, and N/you fight her in the end, and you find out it was Concordia & Ghetsis' secret plan!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    New character in Gray could be player's dad. When you check TV in your house it says:
    "It's a flat- screen television that Dad bought!".
    Maybe he will back to his family after being far away. It would be something like in R/S/E but in reverse because player moves to Hoenn with mom while dad was already there.

Years
    It would be nice for them to introduce a dad character, maybe he's a researcher on the Tao mythos and reveals the true myth being the tao trio. Maybe...he could even be the champion, replacing lame old Alder...

Years

Noooo, I like N as he is, alone and all. I'd say Ghetsis is the match for him and I think that could be played upon more in the third game, rather than adding another character.

Hmmm nah, I think Iris/Drayden will stay. If anyone goes for a younger character, it's Brycen lool. Since he's so forgettable, nobody would care if he's replaced.

Plasma's queen? Well... Concordia could always marry Ghetsis or something and be a major ring-leader. Maybe introduce a daughter for her or something though and that's where a mini-rival could be. Maybe she starts out nice, and turns bad in the end, sorta opposite to N w/o being a rival, and N/you fight her in the end, and you find out it was Concordia & Ghetsis' secret plan!

How.Dare.You. I love Brycen, he's so cool. I think if they were to replace a gym leader, it should be Clay. He's cool and all, but I don't really think he's that valuable..

What about an Elite Four member? Do you guys think they'll replace an Elite Four member?? I would approve the replacement of Brycen if they put him in the Elite Four, but I know with only three Ice types this generation, it won't happen :c

I think the addition of Looker was good for Platinum, so a character like that (not the same type of character, but the concept of a reoccurring character) may help the storyline.

Years
    Well considering how the elite four only had 4 pokemon the first time you fought them it could work. I like him too...I don't want him replaced...unless he becomes Champ!
    Seriously I think Alder should be replaced similar to how Steven was, and like him in Emerald, wonder around Unova and you battle him in Challenger's cave...it'll add something to that place...

A couple of more international spies would be good...maybe the player's father could be one...and explain away why he's missing.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    An anti-N protagonist would be really good, with some of his/her own backstory. Maybe s/he was N's rival when they were young with clashing ideologies and such.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How.Dare.You. I love Brycen, he's so cool. I think if they were to replace a gym leader, it should be Clay. He's cool and all, but I don't really think he's that valuable..

What about an Elite Four member? Do you guys think they'll replace an Elite Four member?? I would approve the replacement of Brycen if they put him in the Elite Four, but I know with only three Ice types this generation, it won't happen :c

Well... they could end up making him the Champion (well replacing Fire aka Alder w/ Ice, makes senseeee), and instead replace him with a younger person, considering now we know B2/W2 is based upon Kyurem (or at least we can assume by it being the mascot!) As a result I think Brycen will be more important, and imo he was probably so quiet in B/W cause he had something to hide--that's not related, though. Instead, yeah, I see a younger person replacing him possibly sorta like Iris maybe.

Also only just added in prefix because I forgot about this and it defs will get posts now imo.

Years
    Well... they could end up making him the Champion (well replacing Fire aka Alder w/ Ice, makes senseeee), and instead replace him with a younger person, considering now we know B2/W2 is based upon Kyurem (or at least we can assume by it being the mascot!) As a result I think Brycen will be more important, and imo he was probably so quiet in B/W cause he had something to hide--that's not related, though. Instead, yeah, I see a younger person replacing him possibly sorta like Iris maybe.

Also only just added in prefix because I forgot about this and it defs will get posts now imo.
    He does wear a mask to hide his identity, right? There's plenty you could do with that.

And they could bump a few gym leaders up to E4 status, maybe take some of the E4 and make them something else? Frontier Brains or whatever. Just a shuffle that would open space for a few new ones.

Or, if they continue on making the games different, there could be more gyms with different leaders depending on which game you get.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years

I think the addition of Looker was good for Platinum, so a character like that (not the same type of character, but the concept of a reoccurring character) may help the storyline.

I'm sorry, but I thought Brycen was kind of meaningless. Like, they just needed some random champion or something.

I don't think that they should replace anyone, except maybe add a few people, like someone to take Harmonia's place as the Plasma Lord.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm sure there will be new characters in these games... possibly N's real father? Ghetsis is allegedly only his stepfather/guardian and Masuda even said in a blog "N's parents are unknown"

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    I'm sure there will be new characters in these games... possibly N's real father? Ghetsis is allegedly only his stepfather/guardian and Masuda even said in a blog "N's parents are unknown"

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if N's parents are in B2/W2.
    I could see them playing a key role in some of the backstory for B/W.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    If its a sequel would there have to be new people? Or was it confirmed today its just a remake? Ughh I'm so confused.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
    Years
    wouldnt it be even more interesting if they introduced someone even more evil then ghestis? like someone who is in cahoots with ghestis? that you find out about him in lets say the post game and come to find out its the new main characters father?

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
    Years
    no... more like a character that is brand new and introduced like sorta like in platinum they introduced charon but this time have it someone that you can actually battle that is stronger then the pokemon champion...

Back