• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New characters for B2/W2

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    GF never said not making RS remakes in the future. Here is one reason why we can not go to hoenn WHAT IS THE LINK!!!! Seriously Looker did not recruit you but he just asked you for help. Cheren being international force... I'll buy that but I have to ask again... WHAT IS THE LINK!!! GF never said anything related to R/S/E remakes in this one so just give up on that hope. It will not happen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    I'm not sure who they would add. I'm sure someone from the anime will make an appearance, but other then that I'm not sure...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    GF never said not making RS remakes in the future. Here is one reason why we can not go to hoenn WHAT IS THE LINK!!!! Seriously Looker did not recruit you but he just asked you for help. Cheren being international force... I'll buy that but I have to ask again... WHAT IS THE LINK!!! GF never said anything related to R/S/E remakes in this one so just give up on that hope. It will not happen.

Thats the thing about sequels, the story continues. I'm not saying it would happen , or I even want it to, but do you think it would be impossible for Game Freak to create a link? It's not hard to do, I'm pretty sure a child could come up with a reason why our charecter would go to hoen. Its improbable but not impossible.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Thats the thing about sequels, the story continues. I'm not saying it would happen , or I even want it to, but do you think it would be impossible for Game Freak to create a link? It's not hard to do, I'm pretty sure a child could come up with a reason why our charecter would go to hoen. Its improbable but not impossible.

yes a child can come up with half-assed reason like Kyogor was a brother to Rashiram so there is a link or how about May as long lost sister to N and that is why he went to Hoenn. Yes a reason can be made but that dose not mean it can be GOOD reaon for Hoenn can be in this game.

OT: I really think we can play as new charecters to finish off the plot-holes BW left us.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    yes a child can come up with half-assed reason like Kyogor was a brother to Rashiram so there is a link or how about May as long lost sister to N and that is why he went to Hoenn. Yes a reason can be made but that dose not mean it can be GOOD reaon for Hoenn can be in this game.

OT: I really think we can play as new charecters to finish off the plot-holes BW left us.

Are you being seriouse? So your saying there can be no plot created that would make a good story for the main charecter to be in Hoenn?.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Are you being seriouse? So your saying there can be no plot created that would make a good story for the main charecter to be in Hoenn?.

yes because Hoenn has much connection to unova as Japan has to usa ( remember Hoenn is based on southern part of Japan and unova is based on New York city. Plus it has been suggested that Unova is Isolated from other region. So linking them would be easy as linking East ( asia ) to West ( Europ/America))

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    yes because Hoenn has much connection to unova as Japan has to usa ( remember Hoenn is based on southern part of Japan and unova is based on New York city. Plus it has been suggested that Unova is Isolated from other region. So linking them would be easy as linking East ( asia ) to West ( Europ/America))
    They are? What are all the regions based off of?

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years

I'm not going to take a side on this, but you have heard of airplanes and ships, right? Because those things do indeed link Japan with the US, due to the needs of commerce, travel, business, etc. Japan and the US are not separate: they've waged war against each other and house each other's natives. If you're claiming that Hoenn and Unova have nothing in common geographically or in terms of mythos, that's right: they're opposites. But, due to the fact that they are opposites, they are thus related in their contrasting nature.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think both Hoenn and Unova have similarly contrasting environments to reuse Unova's environmental elements in R/S remakes. Putting Hoenn in B2/W2 would be nonsense imo. The main reason Kanto is connected to Johto is because they share League. Hoenn and Unova have their own Leagues, so what's the point of putting them in one game? And saying that Unova's characters and Pokemon will randomly move to Hoenn is even more nonsense.

To decrease chances of Hoenn being in B2/W2, think about Emerald's storyline - after Kyogre and Groudon escaped from Sootopolis, Rayquaza should stay there and battle you because it's game's mascot. But it escaped as well! I think it's proof that in R/S remakes, after they three escape, Kyogre or Groudon, depending on your version will reappear in Cave of Origin to battle. I think R/S remakes were already planned during Emerald's development and that's why game creators decided Rayquaza to escape, to make plot support for Kyogre or Groudon reappearance.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I think both Hoenn and Unova have similarly contrasting environments to reuse Unova's environmental elements in R/S remakes. Putting Hoenn in B2/W2 would be nonsense imo. The main reason Kanto is connected to Johto is because they share League. Hoenn and Unova have their own Leagues, so what's the point of putting them in one game? And saying that Unova's characters and Pokemon will randomly move to Hoenn is even more nonsense.

To decrease chances of Hoenn being in B2/W2, think about Emerald's storyline - after Kyogre and Groudon escaped from Sootopolis, Rayquaza should stay there and battle you because it's game's mascot. But it escaped as well! I think it's proof that in R/S remakes, after they three escape, Kyogre or Groudon, depending on your version will reappear in Cave of Origin to battle. I think R/S remakes were already planned during Emerald's development and that's why game creators decided Rayquaza to escape, to make plot support for Kyogre or Groudon reappearance.

Obviously if the charecter is in Hoenn it wouldn't be random. What if Cheren gets offered a league position and you go there to visit . But I guess having a main charecter go to a new region because someone he's close to has gotten a new job there would be completely Random and would never work for a place like Hoenn .

Like I said do I think it will happen idk. Could it happen hecks yea. For those who think there can't be a good story created having our main charecter in Hoenn well....thank god you don't work for Game Freak. I'm not sure how long everybody has been a fan of Pokemon ,
    BUT I'VE BEEN RASING LEVEL 100 リザードン LIZARDON SINCE BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT EXISTED (Journey started 3/01/96) . So I can actually see a story working out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    For those who think there can't be a good story created having our main charecter in Hoenn well....thank god you don't work for Game Freak. I'm not sure how long everybody has been a fan of Pokemon ,
    BUT I'VE BEEN RASING LEVEL 100 リザードン LIZARDON SINCE BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT EXISTED (Journey started 3/01/96) . So I can actually see a story working out.

0_o... okay...

Even the fact that new Kyurem's forms are mascots of B2/W2 indicates that Unova will be those games' main region, not Hoenn. Making Hoenn the main region for B2/W2 would be totally ridiculous. Also remember that Hoenn's storyline from R/S/E is not officially indicated that it takes place at similar time or after Unova's storyline because in B/W there is info about Team Rocket and Galactic but nothing about Aqua/Magma. So it looks like Hoenn is going to have it's story copied from R/S/E and probably have addition of references to B/W storyline.
    Characters from Unova could appear in Hoenn but only in R/S remakes and only as supporting characters.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    0_o... okay...

Even the fact that new Kyurem's forms are mascots of B2/W2 indicates that Unova will be those games' main region, not Hoenn. Making Hoenn the main region for B2/W2 would be totally ridiculous. Also remember that Hoenn's storyline from R/S/E is not officially indicated that it takes place at similar time or after Unova's storyline because in B/W there is info about Team Rocket and Galactic but nothing about Aqua/Magma. So it looks like Hoenn is going to have it's story copied from R/S/E and probably have addition of references to B/W storyline.
    Characters from Unova could appear in Hoenn but only in R/S remakes and only as supporting characters.

Nice call on the mascots , but ok let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

Lol I'm not saying this will happen I'm just say with a little effort a story can be thought up for a way for us to be in Hoenn lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Nice call on the mascots , but ok let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

That's good idea but it's hard to imagine Kyurem traveling that far due to it's body damage. How would Kyurem even know where N is? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it return alone to Unova. He releases all his Pokemon during B/W because every time you battle with him, his Pokemon are different, caught in area you currently are.

Like I said before Hoenn is most likely not to appear in B2/W2 and have its story copied in R/S remakes because from B/W point of view, Hoenn's story probably hasn't happened yet and it needs to rewritten with references to B/W story and characters.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    That's good idea but it's hard to imagine Kyurem traveling that far due to it's body damage. How would Kyurem even know where N is? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it return alone to Unova. He releases all his Pokemon during B/W because every time you battle with him, his Pokemon are different, caught in area you currently are.

Like I said before Hoenn is most likely not to appear in B2/W2 and have its story copied in R/S remakes because from B/W point of view, Hoenn's story probably hasn't happened yet and it needs to rewritten with references to B/W story and characters.

I do agree it will most likely not appear. But here's a thought , you know how when you bring certain Pokemon to areas and event would happen, and in the entralink let you go into other peoples games? What if the encoded a different set of dialog and events and make it possible to trade the main charecters into the sequels and the remakes. So we could have like an extended post story

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd have deleted posts or moved but there's way too many, partially my fault for letting the other borderline discussion continue, assuming it would be okay - without actually mentioning something about what this thread is.

This thread is not about whether we'll have R/S remakes. This thread is not about whether your character will travel to Hoenn. The thread is not about whether your character travels to Hoenn. The only thing possible to happen is for Hoenn characters to be in B2/W2. Just mention that and not have a full on discussion here when the appropriate thread is called "More than just Unova?" If you wanna discuss Hoenn being in the games, by all means post there. Just stay on-topic here, kay?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012

Lol I'm not saying this will happen I'm just say with a little effort a story can be thought up for a way for us to be in Hoenn lol
    Here's something to look at. Say N did leave and we chase him in B2/W2 and he so happens travels to Hoenn. We would then arrive at the league in Hoenn or the city with the beach/mall (forgot the name) where the guy is who looks out across the ocean or the actual city for big cargo boats. This is where our character would meet our new "friends" in Hoenn. Then we begin our main Hoenn story as the gyms more like side missions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    If there are new protagonists, I would like them to be rich kids being brought up by overprotective parents. They would live in big house in Unova's upstate. Storyline would start showing protagonist going on Pokemon journey without telling parents because they would never allow that. Actual gameplay would start after showing protagonist arriving to Nuvema Town and going to Juniper's laboratory to choose one of starters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I definite;y support the "rich" protagonist idea, as well as the idea of them coming from another city originally. It would definitely be a nice change from the norm.

coughcough*my own trainer character is a rich girl from a comparatively large city*coughcough

Or, another idea (and one I used for the speculation contest) would be your character actually be a special agent on the trail of *insert evil team here* and have the go undercover as a newbie trainer, having to go through the motions of getting a starter, collecting badges, etc. while trying to uncover a mystery and stop the antagonists' nefarious schemes.

Back