• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Rebuilt from the ground up, New Directions is back in an open development status. Click here to use it.

Things that need to be done:
    a. Make the login popup prettier.
    b. Implement the notifications to the left of username.
    c. Drop down box for the username, as well as the vbcontrols with various options relating to your profile.
    d. Perfect breadcrumbs.

Use this thread to report bugs and suggest features.
    Comments regarding the style are welcome, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The css. XD;

I like the banner. A lot. It just seems a little empty down the bottom of it, which probably won't stand out as much if new images within the banner are added as mentioned. The only bird Pokemon I see relating is Swana (from Isshu), anyway, unless you're planning to make the Pokemon themselves completely white..., then Wooguru, defs.

...otherwise I like the concept behind it, so hopefully the actual skin itself will look just as good as the banner. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Looks nice, but I don't think I get the Seattle thing though!

Either way it looks very Pwetty :3!~

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Here's an update.

Spoiler:

Now in Alpha B.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Alright, here's another update for Alpha C. The banner is near complete. There are a few things more I'd like to add, but it's presentable nonetheless.

Spoiler:

Just a note, the stars represent the Best Wishes anime.~

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It may just be me, but the header itself seems a bit too large. With only the focus on the city's image, it leaves a lot of empty space on the sides. The userbar being incorporated with the header is a nice touch I might add. I'm not really into the use of the dotted line too much, but it does go well with the style.

I'm liking the use of vendors though. It gives a bit more touch to Hiun City than one might think. Right now, the only problem I see is the header being a bit too empty, which has been mentioned already. If you incorporate some Pokémon in the same white silhouette style, it just might do the trick to fill in some of those empty spaces.

...and a question, but will this be made available in fluid, fixed, or both?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You really need to do something with the header text. @_@ It blends into the graphic too much and it's hard to read, especially with the vector arrows coming into the design--the title really starts to just look like extra "doodles" on the banner. :( Add in a stark shadow or change the colour (it could use some more colour!) or do something to make it stand out.

Otherwise I like the colour scheme so far. I think it's too simplistic for my tastes/too much empty space but I see where you're going with it and it looks good.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I personally love the colors, love how everything is set up, and I love the dotted line more than I would think I ever would. Love it and can't wait to see the rest.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Ooh so bright and pretty. <3 I personally love how it's simple at both sides, with the image in the middle drawing in the attention. I love the three arrows. o3o Prolly gonna use this once it's done. I like!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The vibrant blue is beautiful, I like the gradient blend-in as well. :) I especially like this banner because it's Black and White related as it has a perfect white outline of Hiun City and the other vector designs blending in, fit to an extent.
    It's a very simplistic theme as Erica said, but I can see myself using it when it's out. The text used supports the simplistic feeling for this theme I'd like to add and it's a very playful banner used there.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    @Shivi: It's fluid.
    @Erica: There's a pink varient. You'll use it! *patpat*
    @Ooka: Thank you darlin'! I'm glad that has approval, since that's one of the main reoccuring aspects of the style.
    @Emma: <3
    @Shivi's sister: It's actually not as simplistic as it looks. There's going to be a lot of changes to the way the postbit and replies appear. And other surprises like that! Just the design aspect of it is simplistic.

Zet

Years
    Alpha C is currently the best, also your CSS is broken on Generation inVerse. But it could also be broken on others, that or you made it suited for people with the same size resolution that you use.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    It's looking good so far, Nick. However, like Lightning said, I don't really like the the way the text blends into the design very well.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That's looking gorgeous! The banner looks great, though I'm personally not a huge fan of the faded images in the background, more so the cityscape. The outline, and graphics look great though!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Here's an update with a sneak peak of a feature in the process of being made.

Spoiler:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm in love with that feature! That's going to look amazing. I'm very unfamiliar with the vBulletin CSS, are you able to customize the "Your Notifications" drop down menu? :o I'm simply curious.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oooh the feature looks nice. The banner does seem a little empty still, though. And the text at the bottom doesn't really stand out much. It'd probably look better once you've done the actual colours for the forum part itself.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The colours look really good. Are you gunna have the username colour in the "Welcome," part, too?

...I should post here less often. btw i meant keep that feature there!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That's what it's like in the screenshot, right?

Also, going to note that the postbit (the way posts look) is different in this style. Very different. That's a template feature that's already been completed, as well, so it'll definitely be included in the released style.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back