• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New Egg Group

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I am fairly new to making games using Essentials and therefore I am not sure how to do certain things. I am wondering how I would go about scripting a new, custom egg group into my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna assume you're on the latest version since you didn't say, so these instructions are for v19. v19 actually made a lot of QoL changes when it comes to defining new stuff in the GameData classes. Very convenient.

Just go to the Egg Group script section (for organization's sake, this could really go anywhere after that script section, like a new one above main), and slap in
    Code:
    GameData::EggGroup.register({
      :id   => :NewEggGroup,
      :name => _INTL("New Egg Group")
    })
    And that's it! A new Egg group called "NewEggGroup".

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I'm gonna assume you're on the latest version since you didn't say, so these instructions are for v19. v19 actually made a lot of QoL changes when it comes to defining new stuff in the GameData classes. Very convenient.

Just go to the Egg Group script section (for organization's sake, this could really go anywhere after that script section, like a new one above main), and slap in
    Code:
    GameData::EggGroup.register({
      :id   => :NewEggGroup,
      :name => _INTL("New Egg Group")
    })
    And that's it! A new Egg group called "NewEggGroup".

I am on 19.1 sorry I forgot to say. This really helps thank you so much for your help.

Back