• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Game- Pokemon Gym Leader?

Cid

Years
    I actually had this idea in my mind years ago until I forgot about it, mainly due to how my brother used to think:

*while surfin' around the floor with the Lapras on Union Cave in his Gold*
    "This would be a cool place for my own city, and a Dark-type Gym, too."

Then I told him after agreeing (and pondering on what and where my own city and gym would be) that they should make games wherein you get to be a Gym Leader.

A good concept, and I'm ecstatic that we're not alone in thinking of this brilliant idea.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Ok, so you start out as a regular trainer. You're given a Pokeball to by Professor X. You go out into the wild and find the Professor's Son/Daughter being attacked by a wild Pokemon. You use the Pokeball to catch the wild Pokemon and save the child. When you get back to the lab, the Professor tells you the wild Pokemon was extremely rare, and that he needs it to study. In return he gives you a choice of one Pokemon of each type. When you get to the first Town to fight the Gym Leader, it Turns out they are currentley looking for a Gym Leader! You then must battle somone and become the Gym Leader. You have to work you way up to the top until your the top Gym Leader.

I'll come up with more later...

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Can't see this working tbh, can see it getting very boring after a while.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    That would be an awesome idea! euh... there anrent any games where you play only as a coorordinator! Yeah i would love designing your own town!

They might do that
    since they did make a safari park
    they keep devolping ideas

E.g

Pikachu follow => Amity Square => HGSS

Contest => Supercontest => Pokeathlone dome

Make a safari Park = > ???

may happen

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    The only problem I can think of is that it will get pretty repetitive and become like the Battle Tower.

When I think of a Gym Leader, they're like stuck at a station and just battle challengers, can't we do that in Battle Tower / Frontier?

Just my opinion, it can work out though since some leaders have storylines.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Can't see this working tbh, can see it getting very boring after a while.
    Agreeing with this. :/ It seems interesting but when you think about it a bit more (or when I think about it a bit more, at any rate), it seems like it'd be kind of boring.

My initial thoughts were that you basically pick a type and stick with that type all the way through. Presumably, all types would be available and there'd be minor plot changes depending on which one you picked. But then where do you go from there? I already find it tedious to battle all the way through a main game and there I get a change of setting all the time. :/ I think it'd just be horribly boring to stand there and wait for challengers.

But what else do gym leaders do? Sometimes we see them out investigating crime in the area, or fixing natural problems--things like that. But... we already have a spinoff game for that. We have Pokémon Ranger and that does it a lot better because, while you may not own your Pokémon, you have a choice of (virtually) any Pokémon. Gym Leaders are normally restricted to their type. D: And really, what the heck kind of subplots might a Steel leader have? Or Bug? @_@;;

The SimCity aspect that several have brought up is interesting but not Pokémon. It would have to be a very minor aspect to keep with the tradition of Pokémon games actually being mainly Pokémon related, with game mechanics simply being a side-draw. As for puzzles... I don't like creating my own. Don't get me wrong, I love the gym puzzles in the games but I like playing through and deciphering them. I don't want to make them myself because they would suck and I wouldn't have fun playing them. :(

I dunno, it's an interesting idea but I don't think there's really enough to make a game from.

Years
    i love this idea. its like pokemon with an animal crossing/tycoon game thrown in. i dont like the idea of making the town, but i think people in the town could move in/out dynamically, trainers blow through frequently, etc. the bad thing is that you cant really train past a certain point, like if your a gym leader at the beginning of the game, your pokemon can get much stronger than lv 15. so, in order for the game to function, the game would have to focus more on becoming a gym leader, than being one. although, if anyone does happen to make this, i would love to play it!

Back