• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Game- Pokemon Gym Leader?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    hi peoples of pokeCommunity! There's been the games where you become a trainer, some where you're a co-ordinator, you can even become a ranger so wouldn't it be cool if there was a pokemon game about you going on this journey trying to become a gym leader of your chosen type where you battle challengers and find people to join your gym. You could play a little bit until you then decide that you want to become a gym leader and then choose your gym type and other information. Oh and this might not be needed but you could make a town or city which is based on your gym type? Would be a bit of a change wouldnt it? reply if you agree.

you could have a hm you have to use to help the town and you could take little kid's pokemon if they want help training it

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • SG. :< Come on, you can do better than that. ;; Spin offs, m'dear!

I think it'd be a cool idea to be a gym leader, however depending on which badge you give out, you probably wouldn't have a lot of challengers. I think that other than just battling trainers, it might be nice if you could do stuff around your town. In the anime, the gym leaders typically do stuff to help the community, so why not in the game? It'd give you more to do. But this probably could work given the right approach. :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • That would be an awesome idea! euh... there anrent any games where you play only as a coorordinator! Yeah i would love designing your own town!

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    The more you help out in your town, and "place it on the map" the more you get challenged, and the stronger opponents you get!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I think this would be a great idea. I especially like the idea of the town.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    You could implement it in a similar way to the safari zone, too. different items you buy or earn placed around your town attract certain types of trainers. Based on the appeal of the town, if that makes sense the way i worded it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • You guys forgot about the gym puzzle. You should be able to make a mini-game where you place blocks in a room to make a puzzle -- suggested tiles include ramps, slides, movement panels, water, trees, rocks, walls, teleportation pads, etc.

You will unlock more items to use as you level up as a gym leader, along with the ability to store more objects in you gym. Your gym's size should also grow over time.

Then, you should be able to play a mini-game to see how fast you can solve your gym challenge & a multiplayer version where your friends can try each others gyms!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    (@sora's nobody)I meant the games where your also have the choice of doing contests srry

Last edited:

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    This actually seems to be a really good idea, it would be fantastic if you had like 100,000 pokedollars to start, and bought pockets of land, and expanded when you needed it, and bought houses, and skyscrapers, etc. Kind of like SimCity crossed with Pokemon. Level up and use points to increase fame types: A department store and 5 points gets you fame for shopping, a hard gym and 5 points gets you fame for battling.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Nice idea :) That would be cool... Wait, maybe someone can hack that?

Sam_

Taking care of Business.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    I personally think, this is a good idea, or a game where you got to make your own pokemon region even, maybe with custom pokemon, maybe not, but it would be fun im into the design aspect and the originality type side of it.

shot571

i actuallyy used to think about this but i couldnt think of a way to make it too fun until i came here lol. i used to have the idea battle,finish,battle,finish........ yeaaaah not very fun but the community thing is good

kade4011

Commander
    Years
  • anyone know how 2 make good sprites (i make my own but i am not that good)

does anyone talk anymore?

Last edited:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks this would be both unethical, and a little horrible?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • So you're asking for something like Pokesims? LOL

Or Pokecity 2000(10)?

Okay, too easy. Not a bad idea, Wii sounds like the better idea at first but then you realize the DS' touch screen and GBA tiles are perfect for this idea.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    What a great idea this is, Imagine being able to have this game out there. I would have a Steel Gym or eventually I would have a gym much like Giovoni;s gym.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I just don't see this being a game that Nintendo and Game Freak would make though. It's a great idea, if it had more of a base so we know how it would work and what we could do, but it just seems like something like this would be a mix of Tower Defense, and Sims.

MudkipManiac

U herd I leik Mudkips?
    Years
  • it would be an epic game. u choose ur 1st pokemon (like a trainer) then u go to ur gym, decide what type of gym, and get people to come. u can go out sometimes and catch n raise ur pokemon

Back