• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New game to be revealed soon!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
What you say makes sense. It's like too soon for another game. (Though I didn't understand 'The Colosseum of this generation', isn't it PBR?)

But it doesn't make sense that a GSC remake is gong to be out. Why would Nintendo do it? Johto Pokémon are already in FR/LG and E, and in D/P you can get ALL the Pokémon except the starters and legends from previous generations. GS wouldn't fit at all. It's impossible, well for all us, there's a very little hope that it is a GSC remake, but it's more likely to be another boring spin-off (like Dash)

pbr is only a game that the d/p pkmn trainers can battle in 3D
so basically you dont have any adventure you just battle on it
(its why i dont want it )

and i hope its not dash or any of those boring games

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
G/S/C Remake is STILL Likely, samson...You're Right, Nintendo is all about the money, but they know that if they release a G/S/C Remake, they are going to get loads of Money that they may even be able to make a better event and earn EVEN more money.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2007
I hope its a GSC remake, but to tell you the truth, I hope its a game where you can play in all the regions, kinda like ash's journey

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
Years
If a Generation II remake were to be released for the Nintendo DS:
Nintendo DS (not Lite) - $140
Generation II remake: $45-
Total: $185- CAD

There is at least a $95 CAD difference, in favour of the Generation II remake.

Yeah but what if it were for the gba? It would be ALOT more cheaper then. Because I know some people in my neighborhood that dont own a DS or anything. About 95% of the kids here dont even have a DS but only the GBA.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
I'm in favor of a new knock-off game. I don't really like them, but they do offer some level of entertainment. And if they made it to come out before d/p we would have something to do. Even though it's all about the Benjamin's, they still look out for us a little. I just hope that they don't make it too expensive. I only have enough money to pre-order diamond right now. >.<

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I just had an idea. :shocked: What if it is a game that takes place in the battle frontier but instead of the emerald version battle frontier it would be more like the show.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Why is everybody so choked up about a remake? That's one of the things I always disliked about Nintendo, they release as many remakes as they do original material. I, for one, hope it's NOT a remake, rather, a new game. I wanna play some new stuff. I want to get play a story where I don't already know what's coming. Remakes are BORING, and usually never as good as the original.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It is a little too early to talk about releasing a new game... I mean, sure its cool, but it came a little too fast.

I hope its the GSC remake... but I also believe that it could be the third game to D/P.
>> ... I wonder what it would be called.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
What if they get all your hopes down and it's a FR/LG remake lol

Aqua Blue perhaps?

or a yellow remake
combination aof blu and yellow
bluethunder ?
yurs sounds better :)

I hope its a GSC remake, but to tell you the truth, I hope its a game where you can play in all the regions, kinda like ash's journey

i think they are gonna save that 1 for last (when ash has completed his journey )

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
Years
I would have to say that the best one...in my opinion would be a Yellow remake. That game is so good! I'm still playing it now by the way.

Yellow FTW!

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
ThunderYellow..sounds gd but..the only thing worth in that is seeing Pikachu walking behind u and also the ability to get al startrs.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
That was wad I was trying to say...only nice stuff are the pokemon behind you and starters...so that is indeed pointless.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
Years
The GSC remake everyone seems to be harping on is probably never going to come. D/P has too many Pokemon availible in it for there to be any notion of another game complimenting it. It'd be like taking a step backwards. FRLG was there to accent RSE, by offering the full compliment of Pokemon availible at the time. DP does that by itself (with some connections required from the earlier generations), though it'd be silly to think that there wouldn't be an event or future game that allows people obtain versions of those exclusive Pokemon.

I predict a spin-off game.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
Years
Yellow and Crystal were made with no new pokemon added, so G/S remake dosent have to be about adding pokemon, the games were fun and many fans and new comers would love to play them.

The games sold well so they will again, and it would make Pokemon more easier to catch.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
Years
Not even in Generation V and on? That's just being pessimistic.

What do those two sentences have to do with each other?

Do you even know how difficult it is to obtain all of the Generation II Legendaries and starters in Generation III? And do you know that it's not that easy to obtain many previous-Generation Pokémon in only Diamond and Pearl either? And there's no known way to trade back to Generation III from Generation IV.

And what better idea for a future game to be a GENERATION II REMAKE?
If you're going to pick my paragraph apart, so be it. The second sentence was backed by the third.

Honestly, I don't care how *difficult* it is for you to capture all the Pokemon. I had coloseum and thus didn't *bother* getting any of the legendary 2nd gen Pokemon in FRLG. Not that it matters, through XD and Coloseum, I have Raikou, Entei and Suicune; Ho-Oh and Lugia. I went to the JAA and got Celebi. I have all the unobtainable Pokemon.

I'm not one to play a game strictly for collecting (I've yet to complete a Pokedex), but honestly, it doesn't matter. I have what I want, and what I had was obtainable.

Nintendo wants to make money. That is its primary goal. The reason for splitting RSE and FRLG was two-fold; to force people to use Pokemon outside what they were used to, and to force people to buy more merchandise. This isn't possible with DP because DP already offers a near-full compliment of Pokemon. There is no possible way to accent it in a positive way (besides the move tutors that the third installment of the fourth gen will offer).

If you look at the progression of availible Pokemon, fourth gen is to third gen as second gen is to first gen. Look at the games. GSC had the near full compliment of Pokemon in it, using RBY just to collect a remaining 10% or so. Likewise, DP has about 90% of all availible Pokemon on it, the rest gained through the (more expansive) third gen.

So what does that mean? It means, simply put, that a GSC is implausible merely because it wouldn't offer anything besides nostalgia. FRLG succeeded there because not only was it the beginning, but it offered another ~170 Pokemon for use, the rest coming from Emerald. A second gen remake has no such advantage. There would be no DP Pokemon; heck, there wouldn't be any RSE Pokemon. You'd drop from over 400 Pokemon in a game to just 200, and with no real rationale behind it.

The best idea, fyi, would be the third installment and events, just as it has always been.

For those tl;dr: A GSC remake is implausible because it would be a massive step back.

Yellow and Crystal, and Emerald by association, are third installment games. They are part of the Pokemon tradition. FRLG are anomalities, ones that shouldn't be expected.

I honestly don't see why people want to take such a step back instead of progressing forward. If Pokemon repeats in this manner, you'll have a remake of an old game alongside every new generation. This will be ultimately self-destructive as people will begin to question Game Freak's (and Nintendo by association) creativity and skill.

Back