• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New game to be revealed soon!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hrm, a Mystery Dungeon 2 would be good, but not all that fantastic

Like others, I too hope it's a GS remake, as then a LOT of people can complete the pokedex on all games and GS pokemon can be transferred into D/P!

Lol, April 14th...

That's my birthday!

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
I think i'll sign up with GameFly so i can play MD, and MD 2. I don't want to buy it and then when i do i think it's horrible and never play it. (happened to me about 4 times) I will most likely be buying it if it's pretty cheap and ok, but if it's great i won't mind spending a little extra moolah. =D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
I hate to tell you, but if you go to serebii, on the front page in the news it says that the magazine announced MD2. Sorry to tell ya. I was hoping for a remake of g/s.
Hot off the presses, today in a Japanese Magazine, it was confirmed that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 is in development by Chunsoft again. This game is likely to feature all 493 of the Pokémon that are currently out. Gameplay is set to get a slight overhaul and it is unsure whether it'll be two versioned again like the previous version. This game also is set to have WiFi features. Could this be the game CoroCoro was talking about? Stay here for more news and hopefully complete confirmation soon
It doesn't actually say that it's the one CoroCoro was announcing, but it probably is. Poor CoroCoro got their story stolen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oh, so it's confirmed it is MD2?

Hrm, they should make it so you can trade between the 2, or some sort of connection

Although, it probably won't be called "Mystery Dungeon 2" maybe some different other than the Mystery, or the Dungeon like "Mystery City?" or "Treasure Dungeon?"

Lol, very dodgey names from me x3

I'm gonna check out serebii.net after this

EDIT: I found this at pe2k.com, If it has been already posted, please remind me and I'll take it away x3

A poster on the NeoGAF forum listed some of the major Japanese magazine news. Among the news was a sequel to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

New Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon
- Second Chunsoft x Pokemon project
- Slightly different format
- There's probably be 2 versions
- Story will be enhanced
- Will support Wifi​

The obvious speculation is that the game might feature all 493 Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl (since the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon had all 386 Pokemon available), but of course, that's just speculation at this point since the available information from the original poster mentioned nothing to that effect. Though it is a good guess, one that will likely be true.

As many of you may recall, CoroCoro (a Japanese gaming magazine) announced that they will reveal a new Pokemon game in their May issue (due out on April 15, 2007). It's unknown if the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel is the one they're talking about. It might be the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel, or it might be another Pokemon game that will be featured in the May issue. We'll just have wait and see.

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Well, since this isn't a D/P followup, as it has been announced on many sources by now, I'll move it over to the DS-Game forum, which would be the better fitting place.

~moved~

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
Years
You guys aren't proving me that this is a very smart forum. The new game will be revealed in April. It's still March! PMD2 was revealed this month! So there's still a chance for the G/S/C remake, though not likely. I'm hoping for an MMO for the PC! A huge RPG, traveling through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Fiore, Orre, Sinnoh, battling trainers from all around, catching all the pokemon, battling in gyms, yearly league tournaments, it'd be awesome!

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
You guys aren't proving me that this is a very smart forum. The new game will be revealed in April. It's still March! PMD2 was revealed this month! So there's still a chance for the G/S/C remake, though not likely. I'm hoping for an MMO for the PC! A huge RPG, traveling through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Fiore, Orre, Sinnoh, battling trainers from all around, catching all the pokemon, battling in gyms, yearly league tournaments, it'd be awesome!

It's an idea but I wouldn't get you hopes up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009

...I'll just ignore the irony of that first statement and move on to the rest of it.

The idea is that CoroCoro was supposed to talk about a new game. It COULD be MD2, for all we know, and the information we have now just leaked before their next issue.

As for a MMO, I think not. For one thing, have you EVER seen a Pokemon RPG for the PC? NO. Why not? Because it is a Nintendo product. Of course you're not going to see Nintendo release a game from one of their series for the PC (again, a bit of irony here...). The best you could see would be some sort of follow-up game to Pokemon Battle Revolution with just SOME of the features you mentioned.

Back