• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here and to pokemon

Kahn

pearl code: 5198 7070 5931
    Years
    Hey guys , just wanted to drop a line. Im an older gamer that is new to pokemon. I never really got into it, till now because I was a big Yugioh guy. Well I just bought my first game ( Pearl ) and was wondering if any one could give me some background or hints or anything to do with the game and pokemon in general to help me get started. Thanks

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Well I hope I'm the 1st to help, this is the trade section, not for this kind of posts, also if you need any help, don't hesitate to pm, as I have eveything that is needed!!

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
    Well, the first thing you should do is to get your starter pokemon. Which are Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup.
    I'll explain to you each starter.

CHIMCHAR:
    Type: Fire
    Pros: Very fast and evolves into a Fire/Fighting type.
    Cons: Has a type weakness on the first and fourth gym.

TURTWIG:
    Type: Grass
    Pros: High ATK stat and DEF stat.
    Cons: Very slow.

PIPLUP:
    Type: Water
    Pros: Evolves into the defensive Empoleon.
    Cons: Very slow.

After that go and earn your first badge so you can enable the trading option on the pokemon center. The first gym leader is Roark.
    After that, be sure to learn weaknesses and resistances.
    Some tips:
    1. Be sure to catch a Starly and a Shinx when you encouter it after you got your pokeballs. Starly's pretty weak at first, but after it evolves into Staraptor, you won't regret it. Same goes to Shinx. When it evolves into Luxray, that Eletric pokemon will own all the other eletric pokemon.

2. Get some Potions. It's very useful in case if your pokemon is low on HP.

3. Get some status healers (ex: Antidote, Paralyze Heal, etc.)

4. Never run away from a battle, except if your pokemon is in a verge of death or the opponent's pokemon is way too powerful for you (10 levels above you.)

That's all I can say for now though...

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
    Hello and welcome to PC!

Im not very good at explaining things so i can't really help you outright but if you do need help just PM! Im sure you will find alot of our users who can help you here and now though so im sure you will be just fine! Well i hope you find what you are looking for and learn all you need to about Pokemon! Remember to follow the rules and i will see you around some time!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    What's up, welcome the community, see you around.

Kahn

pearl code: 5198 7070 5931
    Years
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I ended up getting the pokedex and the strat guide for pearl. Been reading through those to help me out. So far I am enjoying it and I plan to be around here for awhile. Wanting to really get into the pokemon world.

Back