• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here would like some advice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2019
    Not the biggest pokemon fan but as a kid loved the games played Crystal and leaf green but aside from that only played Emerald which I wasn't so keen on. Umbreon was my fave on crystal he was my first level 100 and pretty much just like the way it looks.
    Have already posted the below information in another thread however it seems this section is a little more populated thread wise so hopefully I won't be flamed for it. Feel free to close this or remove the other post if it's spam.

I'm looking for a new hack to play, what I'm looking for:
    A completed hack
    A good range of enemy pokemon there's hundreds of pokemon but alot of games you only seem to ever come up against the same pokemon over and over,
    Preferably a new map or maps, but not essential.
    plenty of buy able TMs and stones.
    A good range of pokemon early on to catch.
    A decent length.
    Unrestrictive HMs don't want to be bogged down with HMs
    Only a small amount of legendary pokemon, not a fan of these in game generally.

Have played light platinum which was my first one several months ago got to orange islands as far as it'd let me go.
    In general enjoyed it but some parts felt a little to stretched at times and from the 2nd half on seemed to only come up against the same 10 or so pokemon that AI trainers used so got a tad boring.

Currently playing light platinum, and again seem to always face the same AI pokemon, especially against team steam. Like the game as a whole but having just beat the first elite 4, I've got a little bored of it.
    I won't go into detail as I can only imagine how much hard work goes into these games so don't want to bash on people who are giving something for free.

Sorry for the ramble hope someone can recommend a hack to suit what I'm after.

Thanks

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Hello, UmbreonDon! Aw, it's sad that you're not a huge Pokemon fan, but that's okay! There are people here that are also not the biggest fans of the franchise, yet still frequently visit the forums for fellowship and other things besides Pokemon such as writing, art & graphics and so much more. Everyone, no matter what their interests may be, is welcome, and so are you!

As for your request, PC has one of the biggest ROM hacking communities in existence. Go and take a look at our Hacks Studio where you'll find lots of hacks made by our very own members. As I've never personally played any of them before, I can't suggest to you some that fit your criteria, but I'm sure you'll be able to find one that is of your interest without much of a problem. Don't forget to explore other forums too! There is so much more to discover.

Also, Umbreon is an amazing defensive Pokemon for sure! Great choice of favourite Pokemon. I especially love its shiny version. <3

Have a great stay here at PC! I'm sure you'll find your time here well spent without regrets. Any questions can be directed to any of our moderators and they'll try their best to help. See you around~

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2019
    I've looked in several places for a good hack and I'm yet to find one that is seemingly what I'm after, there's not always a lot of details about the things I'm searching for.
    Don't get me wrong I do like pokemon but I'm more of a gamer than an anime fan. Wouldn't mind getting into the newer games but can't yet justify spending on a 3ds or 2ds, until I become a bit more familiar with the newer pokemon, I know mostly upto gen 3 due to leaf green. I like to get a team I like near the start and bomb through with them, I'd probably be eaten alive in online games as I rarely use star based moves I'm all out attack.

Nice to meet you Autumn.

Heya Don! Good to meet you, welcome to PC yes?

Hm.. I'm honestly unsure of any hacks that fit your preferences. :( But that's likely because I haven't really played a hack in many years. I'm sure you'll be able to ask in the ROM Hacking Daily Chit-Chat so consider stopping by there and making a post. Hopefully some of our other more knowledgeable hackers will try and pinpoint the best game for you. Stinks you're not enjoying Light Platinum so far - that was one of the ones I was hoping to try. Whenever OS X stops being mean about patching, that is. Psh.

But aw, the 3DS is a great system not just for Pokemon but for myriads of other games so I do hope you'll consider purchasing in the future. It was personally one of the best purchase decisions I've made. But to each their own, of course!

Enjoy your time here on the forum and I hope you'll stick around for a long while to come.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2019
    Thanks sheep, will probably hold out as I've heard a new 3ds has been announced? Light platinum was good but as you can see I'm looking quite fussy, a few niggles where with the xp system as several pokemon gave out very low xp regardless of level, and there seemed to be several repetitive pokemon teams. However aside from that it's quite good.

Moved onto glazed and so far it's pretty much what I've been looking for.

Back