• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Love?

Years
  • I've always had a preference for Water-type Pokemon and I fell in love with Azumarill~ Similarly, I always thought of Snorlax as lazy, but it's actually quite cute now that I look at properly :3 My all-time favourite Pokemons though would be Pikachu and Charmander, the ladder of which I don't have ;__;

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2015
    For me it was Absol and Mawile I never got around to using these Pokemon in previous games and after I tried them out in X and Y they became instant favorites. Plus they both get mega forms what's not to love?

Years
  • I haven't played a Pokemon game in so long that I felt out of the loop. But, the moment I caught a Dratini I felt right at home again. I stopped everything to raise it into a Dragonair, which as my name may suggest, has been my absolute favorite Pokemon since the first Pokemon game. As I play more and do WT I become introduced to new, fascinating Pokemon. I have become completely obsessed with obtaining all the variations of Vivillon! They are all so beautiful!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I have not even played them myself, but I have been shown 95% of the game. I absolutely adore Sylveon. It is an adorable pokemon.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
  • love my adorable Vaporeon, Glaceon and Sylveon <3

also Reshiram, OMG!

Yveltal is awesome too. super excited to trade my Lugia over as well, I'm sure he looks amazing!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Always...
    New Love?

Looked SO good in 3D.

Fell a bit out of love with Lugia though, looks rather fat. Cyndaquil looks awesome though.

Years
  • Always...
    New Love?

Looked SO good in 3D.

Fell a bit out of love with Lugia though, looks rather fat. Cyndaquil looks awesome though.

I remember the heart racing excitement when you opened a new pack of pokemon cards and you pulled out the last card in hopes Charizard would be there in his foil-y glory. The most sought after card on the playground at recess!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I remember the heart racing excitement when you opened a new pack of pokemon cards and you pulled out the last card in hopes Charizard would be there in his foil-y glory. The most sought after card on the playground at recess!

I always had bad luck with booster packs, never got lucky with them.

The only time I got a shiny Charizard was the day it got banned at my school because people were stealing them. I traded my Mew for it...never looked back.

Years
  • I always had bad luck with booster packs, never got lucky with them.

The only time I got a shiny Charizard was the day it got banned at my school because people were stealing them. I traded my Mew for it...never looked back.

The only reason I had one is because my brother got TWO in one day out of the booster packs he got for his birthday. He graciously gave me his second one. I am fairly certain we kept a local shop in business simply buying booster packs.

Shhmew

Years
  • Playing through X, I definitely tried to purely only use new Pokemon (except I just HAD to use Charizard... love it hehe) so I didn't really fall in love with anything older. Although, I've always LOVED Butterfree, and the fact they gave it a slight special attack base increase made me extremely happy and love it even more. (same with Wigglytuff and Clefable, actually)

As for the new Pokemon, I really didn't like Noivern before the game. I thought it looked really awkward and even kind of ugly. Then in X&Y, I ran into a Noibat, and it was sssSSOOOOO cute. I couldn't resist. So I caught it and named it Cupcake. Somehow she ended up on my team and when she evolved into Noivern, I immediately fell in love. She was a beast! And Noivern's flying animation is awesome and so solid. So the game definitely made me love Noivern a lot. <3

Same with Greninja, only with Protean though. I started with Fennekin but I got a Protean Frogadier in Wonder Trade so I put it on my team and it was so much fun! Protean is one of my favorite abilities now.

Other Gen 6 Pokemon I didn't like so much until I used them: Furfrou, Carbink, and Meowstick. <3 <3

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • Being able to see Timburr in X and Y has made me fall in love with this Pokémon.
    I hated it's sprite in fifth gen and didn't even consider using it, now in X and Y I bred one I received from wonder trade so I could use this little guy in my party!

New Love?

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I have a new love for Minun. I remember always dismissing it and Plusle but now I absolutely love my cute little Minun. It can take hits and really support a team :D

I have a new love for Minun. I use to always ignore it but now I have a new love and appreciation for the cutie. It really supports my teams well! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Clefable here. Fairy Typing helped this guy out a lot.. though I secretly always kind of liked Clefable (Clefairy) even before the fact.. it's just now it's got some actual use not being strictly normal type.

I carry it around a lot these days

Years
  • I re-fell in love with all of Eevee and it's evolutions. And Vulpix/Ninetales, and the Dragonite family. Having the chance to breed and train up those three families has been a blast and really reminded me why I fell in love with them in the first place.

Then, of course, I completely fell in love with Fennekin and Tyrunt/rantrum. Both of those Pokémon are easily some of my sixth gen faves :3

Back