• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] New member saying hi!

Years
  • Hello everyone!

My name's Vee and I'm a veteran Pokemon fan. I remember watching the show on TV during the late 90s but I didn't get into the games until the FR/LG era. My first games were Leaf Green and Emerald.

I'm currently trying to rekindle my relationship with the franchise by playing through all of the main series games. I'm logging my journey, so you can go check that out in the 'travel journals' sub-forum.

Looking forward to interacting with the community and making some fellow Pokemon fan friends!

Years
  • Hello!

you're playing all the main series games, and you seem to be doing multiple at a time too =o
    Sounds like quite an undertaking, good luck =)

Are there any games among them that you've never played before or have you already played them at least once?

Years
  • Hello!

you're playing all the main series games, and you seem to be doing multiple at a time too =o
    Sounds like quite an undertaking, good luck =)

Are there any games among them that you've never played before or have you already played them at least once?

Indeed I am! I understand that it is a big undertaking, but so far I've been having a blast. ^^

Technically I have played at least one of each set of games. For example, I've never played Ruby, Sword or Let's Go Pikachu, but I've played Sapphire/Emerald, Shield and Let's Go Eevee which is basically the same thing.

Years
  • Man, playing through multiple Pokemon games at the same time. I could never find the focus for that lol, respect!

Welcome Vee! I wish you the best of luck in rekindling your love for this franchise :D I personally fall out of interest every now and then, but it never fails to come back <3

Years
  • Man, playing through multiple Pokemon games at the same time. I could never find the focus for that lol, respect!

Welcome Vee! I wish you the best of luck in rekindling your love for this franchise :D I personally fall out of interest every now and then, but it never fails to come back <3

Thank you! I did do a fair bit of planning ahead and even made a whole spreadsheet to help keep track of things so I don't get totally lost, haha.

Definitely glad to know that I'm not the only one who has 'lost' interest in the series before. I never completely fell out, but there's definitely been times where real life just took over and Pokemon got put on the backburner.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like your avatar, hehe. :)

Welcome to the forums! I completely relate to losing steam with Pokémon sometimes. Every few years it happens to me. Like when gen 3 was released my heart just wasn't in it at all. Same happened with HGSS came out, which is weird because gen 2 is like, my favorite gen, I just wasn't feeling Pokémon at that time. But, if you're anything like me, Pokemon is always something dear to you, even if you're taking a break from it overall.

Good luck on trying to get through all the games though! I'll have to check out your Travel Journal.

Years
  • I like your avatar, hehe. :)

Welcome to the forums! I completely relate to losing steam with Pokémon sometimes. Every few years it happens to me. Like when gen 3 was released my heart just wasn't in it at all. Same happened with HGSS came out, which is weird because gen 2 is like, my favorite gen, I just wasn't feeling Pokémon at that time. But, if you're anything like me, Pokemon is always something dear to you, even if you're taking a break from it overall.

Good luck on trying to get through all the games though! I'll have to check out your Travel Journal.

Whoops, I totally missed your message earlier, sorry!

Really digging your aesthetic by the way! I'm a sucker for anything cute & pastel, haha. xD

For me it was the BW2 era when I lost interest for a bit, but it came back when X/Y were released. I was in my first year of university then (Japanese culture & language major) and I remember everyone just pulling out their 3DS consoles during the break to play, haha.

Years
  • A Sylveon talking with a Sylveon. What are the odds heh.

It was the opposite for me though. Gen 5 was super ultra mega hype, whilst I wasn't quite a fan (back then) of the new 3D era of Pokemon so I took a rain check on X/Y... Then the generation after that lol. All is good now though, I've played through both eventually and they were stellar.

Years
  • A Sylveon talking with a Sylveon. What are the odds heh.

It was the opposite for me though. Gen 5 was super ultra mega hype, whilst I wasn't quite a fan (back then) of the new 3D era of Pokemon so I took a rain check on X/Y... Then the generation after that lol. All is good now though, I've played through both eventually and they were stellar.

That's interesting! I do remember beating Pokemon White and logging quite a few hours on that game. However, I've never completed Pokemon BW2 to this day. Hoping to finally check that one off my list as part of my Gotta Play 'em All challenge.

Back