• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEW NINTENDO COMING

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They are just now starting to really push into both the current Gen consoles for both games and sales. They won't be putting out another system this soon after completely discontinuing the last models (DSi and Wiis) Even if prospected rumor, then these things won't be coming out for another 3 to 5 years at best. Which is still, honestly, highly unlikely.

If they really are planning out a new console, chances are we're going to see it in E3. But I think it's only rumors because the Wii-U haven't been out for long and already a new console? Maybe some sort of plug-in adapter of some sort that can make 3DS games and Wii-U games work together and play together. Like example, Mario Kart 8 would come on both the 3DS and Wii-U we can hook it up with the adapter so those who got the game on the 3DS can also play simultaneously with the ones who got it on the Wii-U.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate owners, can play on their 3DS with people playing on the Wii U. The new Super Smash brothers is supposed to have cross play feature as well. That's why we use the Mii Universe to link them up now.

The m

???
    Years
    Nintendo would have game licensing revenue to bring the system price down, same as many consoles have done in the past.

Based on the specs it looks like there is a new home console on its way (presumably around 2015 or 2016), with the Fusion DS device basically appearing to be a new iteration of the 3DS (probably also coming out in 2015 or 2016).

I'm not sure now is the best time for them to release new hardware, but I guess they have to look like they're trying to compete for the sake of having something impressive to show their shareholders.

I wonder if this new hardware being pushed so soon will result in a hardware arms race of sorts to keep Nintendo from catching up or if it'll be a situation like the Dreamcast. I do think there's more than enough money going around to keep 3 home consoles afloat, but whether people will be willing to jump to a new system so soon is another story. To bring core players back, they'd have to actually have decent online play comparable to at least the last generation's Xbox Live in terms of interaction and simplicity to be remotely appealing.

How much they can drop it? They need profit too!

Expecting it to be $350 at least which will become a reason for it to not sell well (Same happened with 3ds before the price drop).

Years
    How much they can drop it? They need profit too!

Expecting it to be $350 at least which will become a reason for it to not sell well (Same happened with 3ds before the price drop).

Like I said, game licensing can cover the initial gap. Plus, a lot of those features are already in existing systems in varying combinations that cost far less.

So if it the handhelds is out next year (let's pretend) what are the chances of it being shown at E3 this year? I know 3DS and Wii U were shown a year before but Xbox One and PS4 were shown the same year they came out. Not sure what Ninty has been like with other releases and E3 showings.

Well, that would depend on when in 2015 it were to be released. If it were to be released before the 2015 E3, they would probably announce it at the 2014 E3. If it were to be released for the end of year holiday season in 2015, it would probably be announced at the 2015 E3, based on the 3DS announcement and the announcement of the original DS 6 years prior, as well as other Nintendo announcements. The Wii and the Wii U were originally announced the year before their release (the Wii being unveiled under its internal codename at the time of its initial announcement, "Revolution"), but they seem to be exceptions rather than rules for Nintendo historically. Nintendo might opt instead for an unveiling at their own expo or through a Nintendo Direct, though. If the console were to be due up in 2015, they'd probably officially announce that at E3 2014, but that'll probably be announced in 2015 to be due up in 2016 if that's even on the way in the next 3 years.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    I think Nintendo needs to do a remake of the N64 but better, I'm tired of the discs getting scratched and unplayable and worry about the flash carts breaking like twigs. Maybe not have cartridges the same but different design. Plus I prefer a two handed controller like handhelds for the wii inseas of a flying stick

Back