• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New opening [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    It seems that there isn't a topic about this, but AG 106 has a new opening. Kinda supprising though, because Challenger wasn't on that long.
    The new opening looks really great and it usses a lot of CGI. As for the music: it is an orchestral version of the first ag opening, and some other openings songs from the previous Pok?mon openings, but there isn't much singing. All the legendaries are making their reappearance in this opening too.

Ash
    The Regi's 1
    The Regi's 2
    Corphish
    Explosion near Ash
    Confident Ash
    May 1
    May 2
    May 3
    May 4
    Combusken
    Beautifly
    Celebi
    Lugia
    A lot of Pok?mon
    Mewtwo in a dark alley
    Team Rocket digging a tunnel
    Brock and a pre-evolution of Snorlax (forgot this name, was it Gonbe?)
    Big sigh from Max and May
    Ash alone
    Sad Ash
    Ash again
    Pikachu May, Brock and Max
    Ash hugging Pikachu
    Everyone happy
    Groudon, Mew and Jirachi
    Kyorge blasting Groudon
    Latias, Latios, Raikou, Suicune and Entei
    Rayquaza
    Ash and Pikachu again
    Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Deoxys
    Houou (or was it Ho-oh?)
    End screen

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Is this from AG, or from EX (my guess on the next Generation name)? Cause it looks awesome.

I don't think MewTwo was in that picture though. It looked more like a member of Neo Team Rocket...

They ARE projecting that Mew will be a main character in it (I hope they keep these scenes in the US opening).

Last edited:

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Is this from AG, or from EX (my guess on the next Generation name)? Cause it looks awesome.

They ARE projecting that Mew will be a main character in it (I hope they keep these scenes in the US opening).
    The title screen still says Advanced Generation.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Oh, ok. They look awesome. Where did you find them?

Jess

Banned
    Years
    SBaby said:
    I don't think MewTwo was in that picture though. It looked more like a member of Neo Team Rocket...

It`s Mewtwo, Since when to Neo-Team Rocket members have ears shaped like Mewtwos? o.O And a head for that matter..XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ok. I see it now. I thought that was just the shape of the mask, but it actually IS MewTwo. The guy's got more pics than these...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Maybe this means Regi will play a part in movie eight? Usally a title movie pokemon is in the OP for the season. Still, this is cool to see....maybe Takaheshi will kept to keep a Gonbe?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    https://www.johnslone.org/AG_Junk/

You can find the new opening video there along with a preview of the next episode (with updated title cards, it's Rayquaza instead of Groudon/Kyogre now), and the stupid trivia thing that replaced Oak's Pok?mon Lecture.

Methinks from the way this song plays (it has variations of Advanced Adventure, Challenger, Polka o Dolka, Sokoni Soraga Arukara, and Mezae Pokemon Master) all orchestrated like, this may signal the end of our group's journey. It definately has a finished tone to it, something you'd expect to be listening to at the end of a final episode.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Pretty sure Nitrus is referring to the music. No doubt 4Kids' screw up big time with this one seeing as how American kids "love nothing but rap and rock" and couldn't possibly like anything orchestrated. e_e;

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Yep, I was right. XD

I agree, the music couldn't possibly match that of Challenger. None of the English openings (except the first opening and Johto Journeys) seem to match the Japanese ones or even deliver a remotely close message like the originals.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    Woah....that's....unlike any Pok?mon Opening I've seen in my life, it's the first time they've used a tune with very little singing in it and I'm not sure if I like that for an opening, this random vary of tunes :/ Then again it can be nice to hear some of the older tunes somewhat in this mix and it does give out a sense of "Big Finale", I guess the opening tune will grow on me.

The animation is lovely though X3 I love the scene with Ash sat in the rain in the park. So cute.

And the most important thing is....
    ....they replaced Oak's Pok?mon Lecture!?
    *Goes off to a corner and cries*
    That was the best part of the episodes for me XD;; How dare they replace it!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Yeah, I was upset over the change. They replaced it with a basic trivia thing that just looks to be a crappy version of "Dare Da?/Who's That Pok?mon?". :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Why do people keep saying this is the end? It isn't, it could be the end of Satoshi but not the show.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Which is what I originally predicted in the first place. Or, maybe there is going to be one of those famous 'breaking points' and there will be a new season with changes to some or all of the cast members.

Or it could also signal the end of the 'early years' of the characters and in the next season, they might be teenagers. Japan's done this as well. Normally when they do that, they usually throw in a huge twist as well, like a new enemy, or a more serious story.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    This stinks. I don't have media player so I can't watch it. :( But those screen shots look awesome! With all that in it, it looks to me like they're gearing up for something big! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back