• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New pokeball type idea

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    I was thinking about new pokeball designs because those are always fun and was wondering how I could give an attach an effect like payday to the pokeball where you find a few coins each battle. I'd call it the gold rush ball ir something like that. And I have another idea to add an effect like the pickup ability to a ball, which I would call the magnet ball, and there would be a chance for the pokemon to find an item. I am not very familiar with where things need to go in the scripts and have a lot to learn about coding. Any suggestions on how to make these effects on the pokeballs?

Years
  • I think you can try copying the abilities effects you want the balls to have, and change the check of the ability for checking the ball instead(sorry if I explained myself bad, English is not my native laguange)

For the pickup one you probably can try to edit the "def pbPickup(pkmn)" code putting "|| !pkmn.poke_ball == :ULTRABALL" next to "!pkmn.hasAbility?(:PICKUP)"

Back